Pretty cool pics | Syracusefan.com

Pretty cool pics

Rocco

Watching you.
Players/Scouts watching Pugh with his bench press at Pro Day. Love the look on ShamWow's face. Says it all.

BE3kRw2CMAADXVP.jpg:large

ShamWow ready for the 40.

BE3kgihCUAAS9oZ.jpg:large

New Football Wing - I've been in. It's pretty sweet.

BFgkcGYCMAEuoaQ.jpg:large

h/t Eric White's twitter

It's great that Shafer is interacting with EVERYONE. Former players, construction workers, you name it.
I couldn't agree anymore. Get the support of the city and former players. It'll help us on so many fronts

Coach_ShaferCoach Scott Shafer12h
A couple of hard nosed guys finishing the upgrades on our facility #GoOrange pic.twitter.com/AZS4VgxIDk
BHanh7QCAAA_JR4.jpg:large

Coach Scott Shafer@Coach_Shafer4 Apr
My son and I with one of SU best, the voice of Monday Night Football #CuseNation pic.twitter.com/mywsmhfpaU
BHCepCgCEAIeWE0.jpg:large
Awesome, HCSS gets it!

Engaging the community on a personal level can only help. Every person counts and HCSS does his best to include them.

After 4/plus years here, I think SS and family feels totally at home...and it shows.

The HCSS pics are an indication that he is truly a college coach. HCDM was a pro coach in a college job. Every day was just another day at the office. HCSS seems to get that there can be so much more to the college coaching business than "the job". It's refreshing to see, imo.

The HCSS pics are an indication that he is truly a college coach. HCDM was a pro coach in a college job. Every day was just another day at the office. HCSS seems to get that there can be so much more to the college coaching business than "the job". It's refreshing to see, imo.

Like a lot (most?) of the posters here, I was extremely disappointed when DM announced his intention to leave the program. But in hindsight, he really did us a great service. It seems it is almost unanimous that everyone here thinks that SS was a great hire... but it would not have been done if DM didn't leave. I certainly have no way of proving it, but I would bet that Marrone heartily endorsed Shafer to the good Dr. Gross and the others in the selection committee. And seriously, can anybody deny the fact that Marrone left the program in better condition than what he inherited? From the garbage heap to respectability in 4 years. He's giving HCSS a very sound foundation to build on. If anybody can show that I am wrong on this point, I'd like to read it. So good luck to Coach Marrone in Buffalo, and thanks for helping us get a great coach for our beloved Orange!

Like a lot (most?) of the posters here, I was extremely disappointed when DM announced his intention to leave the program. But in hindsight, he really did us a great service. It seems it is almost unanimous that everyone here thinks that SS was a great hire... but it would not have been done if DM didn't leave. I certainly have no way of proving it, but I would bet that Marrone heartily endorsed Shafer to the good Dr. Gross and the others in the selection committee. And seriously, can anybody deny the fact that Marrone left the program in better condition than what he inherited? From the garbage heap to respectability in 4 years. He's giving HCSS a very sound foundation to build on. If anybody can show that I am wrong on this point, I'd like to read it. So good luck to Coach Marrone in Buffalo, and thanks for helping us get a great coach for our beloved Orange!

Your post should be pinned here for all to read. I see people bashing DM and so be it, but to say he hasn't done good for our program and provided a SOLID building block for Coach Shafer is just silly.

Your post should be pinned here for all to read. I see people bashing DM and so be it, but to say he hasn't done good for our program and provided a SOLID building block for Coach Shafer is just silly.

Great first post. Post more often Acuse.

were there more upgrades
Coach_ShaferCoach Scott Shafer12h
A couple of hard nosed guys finishing the upgrades on our facility #GoOrange pic.twitter.com/AZS4VgxIDk
BHanh7QCAAA_JR4.jpg:large

Coach Scott Shafer@Coach_Shafer4 Apr
My son and I with one of SU best, the voice of Monday Night Football #CuseNation pic.twitter.com/mywsmhfpaU
BHCepCgCEAIeWE0.jpg:large

were there more upgrades being down to the facilities since the completion of the season?

I can't remember which one, but I remember reading an interview with a recruit done in the past couple days and he mentioned some sort of Syracuse Football shrine, or something like that just being completed?

great pics btw

Can anybody deny that DM left a better program than the one he inherited? Did you really need to ask that question?

Is there any basis for even contemplating such an issue?

Can anybody deny that DM left a better program than the one he inherited? Did you teally ask that question?

Is there any basis for even contemplating such an issue?

My sole reason for that statement was to hopefully tone down the Marrone-hate being spewed by one of the newer posters here. If he chooses to challenge that statement, I will join others here in chewing him a new a$$hole.;)

He won two bowl games for gosh sakes!

And he won a BE Championship.

He beat a solid Louisville team and a solid WVU team three times in a row.

He built more than a building block - he built a very solid program.

He had a great run.

He won two bowl games for gosh sakes!

And he won a BE Championship.

He beat a solid Louisville team and a solid WVU team three times in a row.

He built more than a building block - he built a very solid program.

He had a great run.

I for one never had a problem with the work he did during his time here.

My problem is (and has always been) the way he left and his taking nearly every single coach (sans two) with him to Buffalo...and completely destroying what was to be a promising recruiting class in the process.

I for one never had a problem with the work he did during his time here.

My problem is (and has always been) the way he left and his taking nearly every single coach (sans two) with him to Buffalo...and completely destroying what was to be a promising recruiting class in the process.

I was very disappointed as well.