a

• a

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • a

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

longislandcuse

Living Legend
We could have 4 guys drafted this year. Dion is a possible lottery pick, Fab Melo somewhere in the first round. KJo in the second and the guy who I didnt see getting drafted was Scoop but with all the Knicks chatter it certainly seems possible.

I'm starting to think also that Scoop may be drafted. I will be EXTREMELY shocked if Joseph gets drafted. One would think the workouts will really expose him. Dribbling drills, one-on-one activity, etc. Hopefully he has toned his body some since the season ended.

I think Dion will do well in the NBA but I hope we have somebody who can break this awful streak of lottery/first round busts. Two Top 6 guys and a first rounder doing nothing can't help our reputation of unsuccessful pros which is a fact.

I'm starting to think also that Scoop may be drafted. I will be EXTREMELY shocked if Joseph gets drafted. One would think the workouts will really expose him. Dribbling drills, one-on-one activity, etc. Hopefully he has toned his body some since the season ended.

I think Dion will do well in the NBA but I hope we have somebody who can break this awful streak of lottery/first round busts. Two Top 6 guys and a first rounder doing nothing can't help our reputation of unsuccessful pros which is a fact.
I think Dion is that guy. He just has "it". We all questioned Jonny's height and Wes' aggresiveness. I dont think there is any questions with Dion and alot of scouts see him being better in the NBA.

Im not sure where KJo is projected as second round picks are extremely fluid but I heard Knicks analysts talking about the draft and possibly replacing Landry Fields and they listed a bunch of guys including KJo and they qualified them all with the Knicks would probably have to trade up or buy an earlier pick to get any of them.

Im not sure where KJo is projected as second round picks are extremely fluid but I heard Knicks analysts talking about the draft and possibly replacing Landry Fields and they listed a bunch of guys including KJo and they qualified them all with the Knicks would probably have to trade up or buy an earlier pick to get any of them.

As far as I know the Knicks cant buy any picks this year because they already spent t heir $3 million trading Turiaf.

As far as I know the Knicks cant buy any picks this year because they already spent t heir $3 million trading Turiaf.
Really? I hadnt heard that. Sucks, if true because good value can be had in the second round of this draft. The NBA rules are crazy. How any fan can keep track of all this is beyond me lol.

Really? I hadnt heard that. Sucks, if true because good value can be had in the second round of this draft. The NBA rules are crazy. How any fan can keep track of all this is beyond me lol.

From what I understand, you can only include $3 million in trades in any given year; they did that when the moved Turiaf. So they definitely won't be moving into round 1 (they bought the pick that got them Toney Douglas) but maybe in round 2 they can because they may be able to trade like a conditional second rounder or something to some team. But I don't think they can buy a second rounder.

Kris is good in transition, remember, one of the best Forwards at running the court last year. If you can get him on a transition team, he could find a roster spot.

From what I understand, you can only include $3 million in trades in any given year; they did that when the moved Turiaf. So they definitely won't be moving into round 1 (they bought the pick that got them Toney Douglas) but maybe in round 2 they can because they may be able to trade like a conditional second rounder or something to some team. But I don't think they can buy a second rounder.
Absolutely true, 411. If the Knicks want a first rounder, they'll have to trade a player(s) for a pick and player(s) in return.

I think Dion is that guy. He just has "it". We all questioned Jonny's height and Wes' aggresiveness. I dont think there is any questions with Dion and alot of scouts see him being better in the NBA.

No question. Good points on the other two as well as Flynn's shooting I'll add. I can see how Flynn killed it workouts with his handle and athleticism even if he wasn't shooting so well. I just can't see how Joseph will impress in workouts.

are you kidding? there are a lot of questions about Dion. I hope I am wrong, but I think Dion has "bust" written all over him. He would be a good value pick for someone picking in the back half of the draft, but he is just the kind of guy who begins to fly up the charts, then disappoints relative to his draft selection. He doesn't have point guard skills, he is undersized to play the 2, he isn't a good outside shooter, and his defense can only be termed suspect. He could be a valuable energy guy off the bench for a playoff team looking for a role player, but if he goes top ten, then he will be expected to be a major contributor, and I think he is too limited for that. Plus, I worry that, on a bad team, his bad attitude will reappear as the losses pile up.

are you kidding? there are a lot of questions about Dion. I hope I am wrong, but I think Dion has "bust" written all over him. He would be a good value pick for someone picking in the back half of the draft, but he is just the kind of guy who begins to fly up the charts, then disappoints relative to his draft selection. He doesn't have point guard skills, he is undersized to play the 2, he isn't a good outside shooter, and his defense can only be termed suspect. He could be a valuable energy guy off the bench for a playoff team looking for a role player, but if he goes top ten, then he will be expected to be a major contributor, and I think he is too limited for that. Plus, I worry that, on a bad team, his bad attitude will reappear as the losses pile up.

...always looked to me like a Vinnie the microwave Johnson kind of guy.

as long as he doesn't go to the Timberwolves he will be fine. Flynn still has a shot at a decent NBA career lets not write him off either.

as long as he doesn't go to the Timberwolves he will be fine. Flynn still has a shot at a decent NBA career lets not write him off either.

Flynn is just about the worst defender in the NBA . . . the odds on him securing a second contract are slim and dwindling

I agree there are a lot of questions - Dion does have the it factor - the confidence and awareness to dominate. The other thing he has however is the ability to dissapear. As much as scoop could be a legit backup PG, Dion could struggle. There are shades of Tyreke Evans with Dion - without being quite the same kind of talent. If he can improve his jumper and keep himself in the kind of shape he was at the start of last season he has major potential. The thing that concerns me is speed.. will he be fast enough when playing physical 2 guards to get to the rim. I really hope he is the next James Harden as well.. but there absolutely are question marks. Dion would be much better suited to fall in the 15-22 draft range for the sake of his own career and development.

He's a little undersized to play the 2, but Joe Dumars was, too, and had a Hall of Fame career.

Now Dion isn't the same kind of player, but still. He has bigger issues than his height (which he makes up for with strength and explosiveness). Shooting, selfish streaks, etc...

Flynn is just about the worst defender in the NBA . . . the odds on him securing a second contract are slim and dwindling
Flynn was also playing in Rambis' brilliant bermuda triangle offense early on, accompany that with lingering hip issues and there you have it. He has the chance to be a decent back up. It's worth a shot for a team that needs a back up.

Flynn was also playing in Rambis' brilliant triangle offense early on, accompany that with lingering hip issues and there you have it. He has the chance to be a decent back up. It's worth a shot for a team that needs a back up.

playing in the triangle on the offensive end doesn't explain his league-worst defense on the other side of the court. opposing point guards - even career deep benchers - look like stars when Flynn is defending him.

the only thing that Jonny Flynn brings to the NBA is his contract . . . he is a spare part that can be plugged into deals to make the numbers work under CBA rules. He will have a little more value this year because his contract expires (assuming that Portland's front office doesn't fall victim to collective dementia and exercise the team option), so he will have value to teams looking to free up space. But, once his contract expires, he will be out of the NBA, likely for good.

playing in the triangle on the offensive end doesn't explain his league-worst defense on the other side of the court. opposing point guards - even career deep benchers - look like stars when Flynn is defending him.

the only thing that Jonny Flynn brings to the NBA is his contract . . . he is a spare part that can be plugged into deals to make the numbers work under CBA rules. He will have a little more value this year because his contract expires (assuming that Portland's front office doesn't fall victim to collective dementia and exercise the team option), so he will have value to teams looking to free up space. But, once his contract expires, he will be out of the NBA, likely for good.
so Flynn doesn't play defense, we are talking about the NBA aren't we?

Yeah. It's too bad. Lawson, Collison, etc are all turning into fine players. Back to Dion though. There are a few questions for sure. I personally think he'll be more successful playing PG. He needs to show he can consistently shoot from the outside to stick in the league. I also think he could be leaner in terms of physique but I bet he's been working on that since the season ended. The attitude factor is a bit of a wildcard but it seems like he turned the corner with that.

so Flynn doesn't play defense, we are talking about the NBA aren't we?

if you don't think NBA players play defense, then you either (a) don't really watch it or (b) don't understand what you are seeing.

if you don't think NBA players play defense, then you either (a) don't really watch it or (b) don't understand what you are seeing.
yeah it must be a or b, because you said so. Right now the NBA is a terrible product.

yeah it must be a or b, because you said so. Right now the NBA is a terrible product.

I disagree, but even if the NBA was a terrible product I don't see that as evidence they don't play defense. (In fact I'd think the opposite; usually the league has a decline in popularity when scoring is down. And FWIW, scoring is way down in these playoffs).

Watch the Miami-Indy game tonight if you don't think guys play defense. There is a reason Steve Novak couldn't get a shot off in the first round series.

(Also, what is the comparison to? We had a top 15 team in 2009 with a starting back court of Jonny Flynn and Eric Devendorf; two players who didn't care much for defense. If NBA players don't play good defense, who does?)

I disagree, but even if the NBA was a terrible product I don't see that as evidence they don't play defense. (In fact I'd think the opposite; usually the league has a decline in popularity when scoring is down. And FWIW, scoring is way down in these playoffs).

Watch the Miami-Indy game tonight if you don't think guys play defense. There is a reason Steve Novak couldn't get a shot off in the first round series.

(Also, what is the comparison to? We had a top 15 team in 2009 with a starting back court of Jonny Flynn and Eric Devendorf; two players who didn't care much for defense. If NBA players don't play good defense, who does?)
Oh they can play defense in the pro's just not consistently. It also bugs me when a player can score 40-50 points in a game. It simply shouldn't happen as often as it does.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom