Pretty incredible | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Pretty incredible

a

• a

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • a

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Oh they can play defense in the pro's just not consistently. It also bugs me when a player can score 40-50 points in a game. It simply shouldn't happen as often as it does.

I'm going to assume you are comparing it to college? (just guessing).

I think part of that relates to the length of the season. There are probably just too many games, you're not going to be able to get max effort for every minute on every night. (As SU fans we worry about it when we have to do the Saturday-Monday turnaround, say going from Storrs to SU; imagine playing for the 4th time in 5 nights and traveling halfway across the country or further).

I find that I prefer a product (NCAA and NBA) where there is more scoring. I think pretty much every year college basketball gets lower scoring, the games are just too slow for me. Changing the subject, but they should be getting away from the 35 second shot clock. I don't need to see Scoop dribbling around 30 feet from the bucket for 15 or 20 seconds to burn time.

I'm going to assume you are comparing it to college? (just guessing).

I think part of that relates to the length of the season. There are probably just too many games, you're not going to be able to get max effort for every minute on every night. (As SU fans we worry about it when we have to do the Saturday-Monday turnaround, say going from Storrs to SU; imagine playing for the 4th time in 5 nights and traveling halfway across the country or further).

I find that I prefer a product (NCAA and NBA) where there is more scoring. I think pretty much every year college basketball gets lower scoring, the games are just too slow for me. Changing the subject, but they should be getting away from the 35 second shot clock. I don't need to see Scoop dribbling around 30 feet from the bucket for 15 or 20 seconds to burn time.
you hit the nail on the head. That's why I firmly believe one of the best NBA season's I've ever witnessed was the 98-99 lock-out season. The season should be shortened. It also helped the Knicks were in the Championship.

are you kidding? there are a lot of questions about Dion. I hope I am wrong, but I think Dion has "bust" written all over him. He would be a good value pick for someone picking in the back half of the draft, but he is just the kind of guy who begins to fly up the charts, then disappoints relative to his draft selection. He doesn't have point guard skills, he is undersized to play the 2, he isn't a good outside shooter, and his defense can only be termed suspect. He could be a valuable energy guy off the bench for a playoff team looking for a role player, but if he goes top ten, then he will be expected to be a major contributor, and I think he is too limited for that. Plus, I worry that, on a bad team, his bad attitude will reappear as the losses pile up.

Not "liking" this, since I don't like any of that, but they're the same concerns I've got. They're legitimate points.

Not "liking" this, since I don't like any of that, but they're the same concerns I've got. They're legitimate points.
He can create his own baskets. He will fit in fine in the NBA.

you hit the nail on the head. That's why I firmly believe one of the best NBA season's I've ever witnessed was the 98-99 lock-out season. The season should be shortened. It also helped the Knicks were in the Championship.

A lot of people hated on that season. It was shortened in games, but not really in terms of time. I think the games were more compressed than normal?

A 66-70 game season over the regular NBA schedule would be better, I think. But who wants to give up the money?

He can create his own baskets. He will fit in fine in the NBA.

First sentence, yes - that's pretty likely. Second sentence, we'll see (for reasons Moqui, Alaska, and others have spelled out).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom