Pretty Wild College Football Weekend | Syracusefan.com

Pretty Wild College Football Weekend

BlackKnight76

All American
A bunch of FCS teams pulling out wins, and a number of other close calls.

McNeese St- 27
MTSU- 21

Ohio- 24
Ped St- 14

Maryland- 7
William & Mary- 6

Wisconsin- 26
Northern Iowa- 21

Wake Forest- 20
Liberty- 17

Youngstown St- 31
Pittsburgh- 17

Indiana- 24
Indiana St- 17

Texas St- 30
Houston- 13 (lol Big East)

Tennessee Martin is up on Memphis 14-10 with 5 minutes left (lol Big East, again)

Oklahoma is tied with UTEP at 7 at the half.

Texas State, I swear to god i thought these guys were the only texas state
necessary-roughness.jpg

Iowa scored an undeserved 19-18 win, too. Late in the game, trailing 18-12 at home, they benefited from a bad ruling from the officials where they downed the ball after a punt at the 1 yard line, despite the guy downing the ball being in the end zone. Because of that, Northern Iowa wasn't able to move the ball and ended up short punting from their 1 yard line at the back of the end zone out to the 25, after which Iowa punched it in.

If that goes to the 20, with a lead, who knows how it would have played out.

Isn't Ohio FBS (MAC)? Still great that they won of course.

Iowa scored an undeserved 19-18 win, too. Late in the game, trailing 18-12 at home, they benefited from a bad ruling from the officials where they downed the ball after a punt at the 1 yard line, despite the guy downing the ball being in the end zone. Because of that, Northern Iowa wasn't able to move the ball and ended up short punting from their 1 yard line at the back of the end zone out to the 25, after which Iowa punched it in.

If that goes to the 20, with a lead, who knows how it would have played out.

I didn't see the play but in college football the guy can be in the end zone as long as the ball doesn't break the plain.

I didn't see the play but in college football the guy can be in the end zone as long as the ball doesn't break the plain.

That's exactly what happened, so clearly my post above was wrong.

How about houston going 13-1 last year to losing to Texas state. Ouch. Good pick up by the big east. I only laugh bc so many said their once in a generation season was going to be the norm

Syracuse be warned. Stony brook is better than Youngstown right? Preseason #3 right?

That's exactly what happened, so clearly my post above was wrong.

It is pretty dumb how rules vary greatly depending on the level of football.

SMU got raped tonight by Baylor.

SU vs. NW was by far the most exciting and entertaining game of the day.

Yea, way to go Big East

Then there was Okie State 84 Savannah State 0 and Oreogn up 50-3 on Arkansas State in the second quarter.

1) Divisions are set up so every team can have a shot at a national title, (or that, at least, should be the purpose). There should be a a comprehensive playoff in in 1A that includes all the nation's top teams, just as there is in every other division and any team that could win all their games and not make such a playoff doesn't belong in that division. They should be in the highest divsion that would include them in their playoff.

2) Teams should be allowed on game a year outside of their divsion and it should be against a team from their state or adjacent states and who they have played a certian number of times in the past, (such as SU- Colgate). I hate big-time teams importing small-time teams to pad their schedule and rip off their fans and the small time schools turning their kids into football's version of boxing's tomato cans to get guarantees to balance their athletic budget.

Pick on somebody your own size.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom