Probable starting lineup and game notes for Louisville. This team is really dependent | Syracusefan.com

Probable starting lineup and game notes for Louisville. This team is really dependent

We need to keep bringing the heat against their inexperienced OL. This team has struggled to run it (except for their last game) and they have a freshman QB.

On a side note, I think the WVU game will prove to be a turning point for this program. There was something so thorough about the butt-whooping we gave the Mountaineers that signaled to me that something may have clicked. I don't see a let-down coming and I fully expect to win this game handily against an inexperienced, inferior team. We may just be the best team in the Big East

On paper our teams looked very similar, the big difference that jumps out to me is the amount of passing yards we give up. 100 yards more per game on average than L'ville.

Both teams look strong against the run. All on paper, though. The story I keep hearing on this board is that this Cardinals team is one in serious transition.

I don't think that the Louisville d has played the same type offenses SU has played...Wake, USC, Toledo WV those are some pretty good qb and receivers combos.

We need to keep bringing the heat against their inexperienced OL. This team has struggled to run it (except for their last game) and they have a freshman QB.

On a side note, I think the WVU game will prove to be a turning point for this program. There was something so thorough about the butt-whooping we gave the Mountaineers that signaled to me that something may have clicked. I don't see a let-down coming and I fully expect to win this game handily against an inexperienced, inferior team. We may just be the best team in the Big East

Man, I hope that you may be correct.

The next few games present a very good opportunity for this program.

First, it could validate the win over West Virginia, if the Orange continue to win in the same fashion. That win has already sent out some ripples, nationally, that Syracuse football is returning to the days of old, when it was a fixture in the polls. I'm not yet convinced what type of team they really are, until they can start playing consistently. Week to week.

Secondly, a few more convincing wins over Louisville, UConn and USF could propel the team into the top 25. A place they have not been, in a very, very long time. Breaking into the Top 25 would be noticed, nationally.

The match ups further on down the road with UC & Pitt could be HUGE for the program. This team controls its own destiny.

Third, winning the next two games would put the Orange into serious contention of winning the Big East and a BCS Bowl bid. This is very possible, IF, the team can continue to execute as they did against WV.