Professional MIXED GENDER Basketball coming to Syracuse | Syracusefan.com

Professional MIXED GENDER Basketball coming to Syracuse

HeatherNY

Walk On
Mixed Gender Basketball Association wants you!
Get paid to play basketball! Men and women needed! 20k+ to start!

MGBA on MY9

Visit http://www.mgbainc.com
1888708_1423636267893159_1370850049887851812_n.jpg

I played in a men's and women's rec league briefly. It had all sorts of crazy rules. Men weren't allowed to rebound missed shots by women or block women's shots. There was some other stuff. But basically it didn't matter if you had a balanced team, it just mattered that your women were good players.

So this one game, because my team had average women's players and we were playing against a team with some former female college players, we were just getting rocked and on the fastbreak I blocked the ever living crap out of one of the women's players lay up attempt. I mean, just threw the thing out of bounds and on to another court. The ref whistled the goaltend, but the player I blocked was pissed and kept barking at me about how I knew I wasn't supposed to do that. She started double teaming me (keep in mind, men couldn't defend women, but women could defend men) which I found lame. So, I threw a duck that she could easily intercept, ran side by side with her as she took the ball in, and then just grabbed the ball out of the air when she took her lay up. I got Tee'd up and ejected, but it was worth it.

I played in a men's and women's rec league briefly. It had all sorts of crazy rules. Men weren't allowed to rebound missed shots by women or block women's shots. There was some other stuff. But basically it didn't matter if you had a balanced team, it just mattered that your women were good players.

So this one game, because my team had average women's players and we were playing against a team with some former female college players, we were just getting rocked and on the fastbreak I blocked the ever living crap out of one of the women's players lay up attempt. I mean, just threw the thing out of bounds and on to another court. The ref whistled the goaltend, but the player I blocked was pissed and kept barking at me about how I knew I wasn't supposed to do that. She started double teaming me (keep in mind, men couldn't defend women, but women could defend men) which I found lame. So, I threw a duck that she could easily intercept, ran side by side with her as she took the ball in, and then just grabbed the ball out of the air when she took her lay up. I got Tee'd up and ejected, but it was worth it.

I like it! sounds like great entertainment, lol!

Slow clap started.

I thought you said it was okay for women to guard women... :)

Did anybody else think for a quick second that this was a league for trans-gendered folks? lol

I did

All I know is that girl in the logo above ain't wearing no sports bra.

If you need all these rules and caveats and limitations, that seems like a pretty good indication that this isn't a good idea. I think there are plenty of rec sports that are fun when played co-ed (softball, volleyball, kickball), but basketball just isn't one of them.

No TV deal...no revenue.
No revenue...no pay.
No pay = rec league with ex-college and pro players.

Taking nothing away from Crosstown Plumbing Supply or Shop Rite of West Orange...those sponsors won't keep a real pro league going.
Even with a $20K salary cap.

If you need all these rules and caveats and limitations, that seems like a pretty good indication that this isn't a good idea. I think there are plenty of rec sports that are fun when played co-ed (softball, volleyball, kickball), but basketball just isn't one of them.
Eh. I had fun.

No TV deal...no revenue.
No revenue...no pay.
No pay = rec league with ex-college and pro players.

Taking nothing away from Crosstown Plumbing Supply or Shop Rite of West Orange...those sponsors won't keep a real pro league going.
Even with a $20K salary cap.
Take it straight to the web and livestream that ish.

Haha then I guess I misinterpreted your post, I thought you were implying it sucked.
It sucked, and it was fun. Occupied kind of a weird place.

Did anybody else think for a quick second that this was a league for trans-gendered folks? lol

I did

Yes, I was thinking the exact same thing, quickly followed by "where are they going to get enough players?"

Yes, I was thinking the exact same thing, quickly followed by "where are they going to get enough players?"
But at least you'll finally have a place to call home.

This is one of the best posts ever. I felt like I was there while reading it. Co-ed sports are fine, but if everyone isn't allowed to play as they normally would in a men's or women's league, then what's the point of the league?

I did

Actually, as an attempt at some wry humor I was going to ask whether LBGT players could play 'both ways" which, for likely the first time in their lives, would create for them an advantage, but I wasn't sure how would be taken. :)

This is one of the best posts ever. I felt like I was there while reading it. Co-ed sports are fine, but if everyone isn't allowed to play as they normally would in a men's or women's league, then what's the point of the league?

To "feel good" !!! Everybody gets a trophy for participating !!! Yay !!

No rules like that in MGBA! Men guard women and visa vera.