Professional MIXED GENDER Basketball coming to Syracuse | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Professional MIXED GENDER Basketball coming to Syracuse

This is one of the best posts ever. I felt like I was there while reading it. Co-ed sports are fine, but if everyone isn't allowed to play as they normally would in a men's or women's league, then what's the point of the league?

Again, in MGBA there are no rules other than typical basketball rules. This is men and women playing together, EQUALLY. Check out NJ first game...

Other pro league, even Semi pro leagues charge 3x that for the first round and then 10x it for the second.
So honestly... did you really sign up for the Syracusefan.com board to promote a mixed gender basketball league?! Classic. I respect the grind, but I also kind of hope you get banned. OttoinGrotto single-handedly saved this thread's life... for now.

boone.jpg

Not going to rewatch, but at a certain point I noticed that it seemed like every single highlight was just men playing. Then maybe at the 2:15 mark they show a woman dribbling the ball up court, and then the same clip dribbling up again, and that was it for the women.

I played in a men's and women's rec league briefly. It had all sorts of crazy rules. Men weren't allowed to rebound missed shots by women or block women's shots. There was some other stuff. But basically it didn't matter if you had a balanced team, it just mattered that your women were good players.

So this one game, because my team had average women's players and we were playing against a team with some former female college players, we were just getting rocked and on the fastbreak I blocked the ever living crap out of one of the women's players lay up attempt. I mean, just threw the thing out of bounds and on to another court. The ref whistled the goaltend, but the player I blocked was pissed and kept barking at me about how I knew I wasn't supposed to do that. She started double teaming me (keep in mind, men couldn't defend women, but women could defend men) which I found lame. So, I threw a duck that she could easily intercept, ran side by side with her as she took the ball in, and then just grabbed the ball out of the air when she took her lay up. I got Tee'd up and ejected, but it was worth it.

I played in a men's and women's rec league briefly. It had all sorts of crazy rules. Men weren't allowed to rebound missed shots by women or block women's shots. There was some other stuff. But basically it didn't matter if you had a balanced team, it just mattered that your women were good players.

So this one game, because my team had average women's players and we were playing against a team with some former female college players, we were just getting rocked and on the fastbreak I blocked the ever living crap out of one of the women's players lay up attempt. I mean, just threw the thing out of bounds and on to another court. The ref whistled the goaltend, but the player I blocked was pissed and kept barking at me about how I knew I wasn't supposed to do that. She started double teaming me (keep in mind, men couldn't defend women, but women could defend men) which I found lame. So, I threw a duck that she could easily intercept, ran side by side with her as she took the ball in, and then just grabbed the ball out of the air when she took her lay up. I got Tee'd up and ejected, but it was worth it.
This reads like a metaphorical short story of modern day USA.

Not going to rewatch, but at a certain point I noticed that it seemed like every single highlight was just men playing. Then maybe at the 2:15 mark they show a woman dribbling the ball up court, and then the same clip dribbling up again, and that was it for the women.

There were more women on the court than you are realizing.