Programs cooked | Syracusefan.com

Programs cooked

Especially with the Boeheim kids being very good.

Jimmy Boeheim as our first forward off the bench with his craft old man at the Y game would be phenomenal in that role. As a starter hes still better than Swider.

This would be a 'great' team IMO if we had a real PG and Joe got to be a combo first guard off the bench he'd also be nails in that role and Buddy would be better if he was a 30/night guy. I can't believe this coach ran off so many guys who would desperately help this team even if they aren't doing so hot at their new schools.

Especially with the Boeheim kids being very good.

Jimmy Boeheim as our first forward off the bench with his craft old man at the Y game would be phenomenal in that role. As a starter hes still better than Swider.

This would be a 'great' team IMO if we had a real PG and Joe got to be a combo first guard off the bench he'd also be nails in that role and Buddy would be better if he was a 30/night guy. I can't believe this coach ran off so many guys who would desperately help this team even if they aren't doing so hot at their new schools.

I just cant defend the decisions made anymore by this coach

0-20 ACC
Best you should expect from the team is 8-12. I'm willing to bet $50 with one person that this team will have a losing overall record. And if not the ACC is GARBAGE and the selection committee should only allow the Tournament winner in from that dumpster fire of a conference.

The bench provided us a spark in the 1st half so naturally we don’t use them in the 2nd half.

Correct thats as good as Symir, Benny, and Frank have looked when they have subbed in (IU OT aside for Anselem.)

But I guess anything that would result in Buddy not playing every second of the second half at the 2 is simply not an option.

play starters AND SUBS in first half = have the lead

Play only starters in 2nd half = lose the game

villanova? check
georgetown? check
VCU? check

second half sucked vs Colgate too...

is there not a pattern here?hello?

the starting 5 might not be good enough to play 20 minutes straight in the 2nd half. just maybe

and the isolation offense blows chunks.

buddy is playing more like duddy.

After the Cuse has its first losing season since the sixties, Boeheim should retire. Sorry to say!
Boeheim isn’t retiring this year. His ego wants to get to 1000 official wins and he wants to go out with Buddy. I’m 95% sure he retire at the end of 2023 season.

Get used to us sucking for a while longer. You are watching the JB retirement tour. It’s similar to JoePa at Penn State or Bobby Bowden at FSU. These coaching legends were allowed to hang on long after their expiration date.

JB has to do some soul search. If he truly loves Syracuse basketball, he should know he needs to retire and let the program move forward as soon as possible.

Best you should expect from the team is 8-12. I'm willing to bet $50 with one person that this team will have a losing record. And if not the ACC is GARBAGE!!!

I don't think so JB won't lose it with his kids on the team nor will they let him.

We will have no chance to improve our tournament stock in the ACC tournament though playing games multiple days. We are too gassed to play 2 halves in a row.

I don't think the ACC will bury us from 3 like the non conference opponents have. Last in the NCAA in 3 point defense. This isn't going to be a strength but there will be some regression to the mean. 11-9 ACC record and decline an NIT invite. Hopefully honor JB before Miami.

I'm just tired. No analysis, no criticism or singling anyone out... just tired of bad to mediocre football & now basketball trending from mediocre to bad as well. I'll still watch, I'll still hope, I'll still support (and I would if Syracuse had 0 wins in either sport), but for now just tired of it.

I don't think so JB won't lose it with his kids on the team nor will they let him.

We will have no chance to improve our tournament stock in the ACC tournament though playing games multiple days. We are too gassed to play 2 halves in a row.

I don't think the ACC will bury us from 3 like the non conference opponents have. Last in the NCAA in 3 point defense. This isn't going to be a strength but there will be some regression to the mean. 11-9 record and decline an NIT invite. Hopefully honor JB before Miami.
Yeah cause they just "let" Georgetown beat them.

The excuse that they won't "let" it happen is ridiculous in the least. They didn't "let" it happen because they are an inferior team to a majority of the teams we've played this year.

Honestly we should not have beat Indiana or FSU and we should be 3-7. We are a hell of a lot closer to a 3-7 team than 5-5 team. We're garbage on defense and the only reason I think we even won those 2 games is because Jimmy found a shift to the zone that only took 2 games for teams to adjust to.

Last edited:
I'm just tired. No analysis, no criticism or singling anyone out... just tired of bad to mediocre football & now basketball trending from mediocre to bad as well. I'll still watch, I'll still hope, I'll still support (and I would if Syracuse had 0 wins in either sport), but for now just tired of it.
I'm getting to the point of not watching. It's not worth the aggravation. It's been thought of A LOT over the last like 7 or 8 years now. It's just an awful inconsistent product at best over the first half of the season. It's not worth my time and IDGAF what type of "fan" anyone thinks I am.

My time isn't worth watching garbage. I don't watch other universities teams garbage players so why should I be forced to watch ours just because they're wearing a specific uniform?

I could have done something a lot more productive for those 2 hours than sit in a chair and watch players chase after a ball on defense and shoot contested shots over their defenders.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom