Project Rudy | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Project Rudy

The concept of teams being "exempt" from being relegated down a tier is BS and isn't a open system.

The concept of killing the G5 sucks too.
Let teams rise...and let teams fall.

Ugh, private capital. Not surprised that people on the outside are looking to pounce.
I really like you as a poster so please don't take this the wrong way as its not directed at you, but if not for Private Equity we would be completely government controlled. Private equity is responsible for most of the innovations in the world. Tech, Health Care etc... All in large part because of private Equity. Sure, some of it isn't good but I'll put Private money up against Government money any day. Imagine if you had invested in the government vs Private Equity which is also known as the stock market. I think that most people don't understand private Equity as it is a very broad term.

we're on record and we'll spearhead the anti trust lawsuit if the BIG/SEC split away. The hope if ND joins in our lawsuit along with all the blue/red states that are left out.

i think a solution is coming based on this plan and the fact that Syracuse is leading the way with WVU.
Well put. This is laying the foundation for a lawsuit. SU is getting out in front which i love

I really like you as a poster so please don't take this the wrong way as its not directed at you, but if not for Private Equity we would be completely government controlled. Private equity is responsible for most of the innovations in the world. Tech, Health Care etc... All in large part because of private Equity. Sure, some of it isn't good but I'll put Private money up against Government money any day. Imagine if you had invested in the government vs Private Equity which is also known as the stock market. I think that most people don't understand private Equity as it is a very broad term.
I will tell you this...You and I drive from the east coast to the west coast. I'll take gov't roads and you take private roads. Private equity has it's place. But the idea that the gov't is all bad and thank God for private equity is ridiculous. You don't think people understand private equity. True. People also don't understand what good the gov't does do. That crap started 50 years or so ago. It was the gov't that saved this country during the great depression.

I will tell you this...You and I drive from the east coast to the west coast. I'll take gov't roads and you take private roads. Private equity has it's place. But the idea that the gov't is all bad and thank God for private equity is ridiculous. You don't think people understand private equity. True. People also don't understand what good the gov't does do. That crap started 50 years or so ago. It was the gov't that saved this country during the great depression.
Easy. I didn't say that PE was all good actually. Didn't say Government was all bad but let's be honest there are very few things the government does better than the private sector especially when it comes to innovation. Don't even get me started about government waste.

Easy. I didn't say that PE was all good actually. Didn't say Government was all bad but let's be honest there are very few things the government does better than the private sector especially when it comes to innovation. Don't even get me started about government waste.
Well, they have two different jobs. That is what so many in our society just can't grasp. It's sad really. I worked in the private sector for 43 years. Our job was to make money and to increase shareholder equity. No where was it to help people.

Thank you for the kind words, admittedly I don't know much about the subject.

Let teams rise...and let teams fall.
Sounds great in theory, but the fact is that not a single Super Rich program (Texas, Ohio St, Bama, LSU, Michigan, A&M, Florida, UGA, Penn St, etc.) is ever going to agree to allow any possibility that they could be demoted. It will take some persuasion to get them to agree to a system that would allow any of their current conference mates to be demoted.

So making to the P4, with a few other schools able to buy in, is portably the best we can get. The if the ACC and Big 12 wish to play relegation, they can. And that might work great. If, say, Wake has a couple bad years, then we could relegate Wake and bring up perhaps USF.

But, one thing I do advocate for is that the ACC do what it takes to add Utah, assuming Utah has not signed any lengthy GOR with Big 12 as many people have asserted.

Sounds great in theory, but the fact is that not a single Super Rich program (Texas, Ohio St, Bama, LSU, Michigan, A&M, Florida, UGA, Penn St, etc.) is ever going to agree to allow any possibility that they could be demoted. It will take some persuasion to get them to agree to a system that would allow any of their current conference mates to be demoted.

So making to the P4, with a few other schools able to buy in, is portably the best we can get. The if the ACC and Big 12 wish to play relegation, they can. And that might work great. If, say, Wake has a couple bad years, then we could relegate Wake and bring up perhaps USF.

But, one thing I do advocate for is that the ACC do what it takes to add Utah, assuming Utah has not signed any lengthy GOR with Big 12 as many people have asserted.
You're right of course. Very similar to the criticism of the European Super League. Obviously fan support and backlash quite different here vs abroad.

You're right of course. Very similar to the criticism of the European Super League. Obviously fan support and backlash quite different here vs abroad.
This is really a combo of the Prem, with its unequal revenue sharing, and the super league (the non-relegation aspect for a group of teams).

Thank you for the kind words, admittedly I don't know much about the subject.
none of us do as its complicated. I personally have enjoyed private equity as it has helped me to start 3 companies that went on to employee in aggregate over 20k people. In addition 7 of the individuals that i hired are now running companies that in their aggregate employ over 100k people. Private equity in many cases is the impetus for job creation. There are other cases such as a roll up or consolidation that the results are a shrinkage of jobs. But i would venture a bet that all in all VC money has created incredibily more jobs than it has taken. Think of the Chips act as a private equity move. Same in SC when they landed BMW. Look back to the economy of SC before Public equity got involved. 20 years from now we will look back at Syracuse the same way as SC is looking back at that decision. Ok it's not VC or Private money but it works in much the same way. An infusion of capital to support a company, be it a start-up or an existing entity to grow. NYS used to be booming until they stopped supporting companies and went to far to the labor side. Once the balance between corporate profits and Labor protection got out of Wack NYS started down a path that has led it to where it is today. Again, it's very complicated. I've been involved in it since I was a young person, and I still don't understand a fraction of it. All i have is my personal experience which has been positive in the fact that many people have a job as a result of VCs and Governments supporting our efforts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom