Projected Lineup for 2014-2015 | Syracusefan.com

Projected Lineup for 2014-2015

SyracuseTD

Walk On
Hey all, I'm new to the board so first off, let me say hello to all of you. I'm glad to be part of the fam. With that said, I was thinking about a first post topic, and one thing I haven't seen a lot of talk about is next year's Syracuse Orangemen. Granted, it's still in the middle of this season and we are all very excited about how far this team can go, but with that in mind, what do you think the future holds for our players next year? Anybody want to take a shot at the starting lineup? For me, its as follows:

PG - Tyler Ennis (pending on NBA draft)
SG - Trevor Cooney
SF - Tyler Roberson/Michael Gbinije (hard to choose)
PF - Chris McCullough
C - Rakeem Christmas

6th - Roberson/Gbinije (whichever doesn't start)
7th - DaJuan Coleman
8th - Kaleb Joseph
9th - B.J. Johnson
10th - Ron Patterson
11th - Chinonso Obokoh

I personally think Grant is gone. Can't wait to see what everyone else thinks.

Last edited:
Hey all, I'm new to the board so first off, let me say hello to all of you. I'm glad to be part of the fam. With that said, I was thinking about a first post topic, and one thing I haven't seen a lot of talk about is next year's Syracuse Orangemen. Granted, it's still in the middle of this season and we are all very excited about how far this team can go, but with that in mind, what do you think the future holds for our players next year? Anybody want to take a shot at the starting lineup? For me, its as follows:

SG - Trevor Cooney
PF - Chris McCullough
C - Rakeem Christmas

7th - DaJuan Coleman
8th - Ron Patterson
9th - B.J. Johnson
10th - Kaleb Joseph
11th - Chinonso Obokoh

I liked your post because well, it was your first post. Welcome aboard! I'm still not sure who should be starting on this years team so... ;)

Guys relax. The guy is just super excited about our future. considering we don't have another game until the weekend, whats wrong with a little future talk?

as to Syracuse TD, this type of talk might be better in the recruiting forum where peoples eyes are as much on the future as they are on the now. Just a little tip to help you out.

Most importantly, welcome aboard!

SyracuseTD said:
Hey all, I'm new to the board so first off, let me say hello to all of you. I'm glad to be part of the fam. With that said, I was thinking about a first post topic, and one thing I haven't seen a lot of talk about is next year's Syracuse Orangemen. Granted, it's still in the middle of this season and we are all very excited about how far this team can go, but with that in mind, what do you think the future holds for our players next year? Anybody want to take a shot at the starting lineup? For me, its as follows: PG - Tyler Ennis (pending on NBA draft) SG - Trevor Cooney SF - Tyler Roberson/Michael Gbinije (hard to choose) PF - Chris McCullough C - Rakeem Christmas 6th - Roberson/Gbinije (whichever doesn't start) 7th - DaJuan Coleman 8th - Ron Patterson 9th - B.J. Johnson 10th - Kaleb Joseph 11th - Chinonso Obokoh I personally think Grant is gone. Can't wait to see what everyone else thinks.

I personally think you nailed it. I'd think Roberson starts next year at the 3 with Gbinije on the bench backing up the 2 and the 3 with Roberson getting some minutes at the 4 also. Joseph up higher backing up the point like another poster said.

Still not sure what DC2s role is going to be. Who knows it could be

Ennis
Cooney
McCullough
Rak
DC2

Or Roberson at the 3 and McCullough as the 6th man, I really don't see Chris coming in and starting on the bench though. Should he interesting to see how DC2 does for the rest of the season, I think he is the biggest one to have an impact on the starting lineup next year.

Welcome to the board.

Uh oh still have a season left to play, cant talk about anything in the future blah blah. Seriously why comment when you know the topic at hand.

Anyhow good starting lineup TS. Not sure if Silent G starts, but really think Roberson slides in but this all depends on if Grant leaves.

I also don't want to think about next year because I'm enjoying this year so much. With that said I believe rak will finally consistently be the player we know he can be and I hope Coleman develops into the low post threat he can be. If that happens and Ennis stays we could be preseason number 1. That would be true with Grant leaving early. Of course if Ennis leaves the pg position becomes a question mark and we won't get as much preseason love as we otherwise would.

With that said I will now only be thinking about beating Pitt. We need to give Pitt a proper beat down as they've had our number for too long now.

Should be interesting. If everything goes according to MY plan, it will be Tdot, Coon, Grant, Rak, DC. If it goes the other way, which it probably will then, Tdot, Coon, Roberson, Rak, DC, and having G possibily play 3 different roles is a gift. And we still have to find out how serious the DC injury is...But that also leaves capable players on the bench, Chino, Buss, KJ, Hamma, and BJ. We have the depth.

SG - Trevor Cooney
PF - Chris McCullough
C - Rakeem Christmas

7th - DaJuan Coleman
8th - Kaleb Joseph
9th - B.J. Johnson
10th - Ron Patterson
11th - Chinonso Obokoh

Welcome and Enjoy! And yeah like two3 mentioned, you nailed it. Insane lineup. Not that this year isn't as well.
It's good to be the king.
kingw.jpg

I think it is starting to look like Grant and Ennis are gone. We are starting to have a FF look to this team. That gives a look of:

guards: KJ2 + Cooney backed up by MG and Buss
forwards: McCollough, Roberson, backed up by MG and BJ
centers: Rak and DC2 with developmental minutes to Chino

I'm not sure how the point guard will play out. Will be interesting.

I think Ennis is a 50/50 bet still. He's great but I need a few more games before I am convinced he's NBA.
I didn't like it because I liked it... i liked it because you're right.