Proof That Duke Will Admit Anyone Who Can Play Basketball | Syracusefan.com

Proof That Duke Will Admit Anyone Who Can Play Basketball

That has a laugh out loud article. In today's media world, I sure hope that's not fake.

That said, I found this the most interesting quote and something that should be of concern:

His argument points to the fact people are taught the earth is round from an early age without a chance to form their own opinion.

Essentially what he is saying is that parents should be hands off. Children should not be taught anything and should form not only their own opinions but their own set of "facts". Kyrie uses the word "opinion", but whether the Earth is round or not cannot be opined. It is a fact. So, I can only conclude that Kyrie believes that all information should be self-taught.

flat-earth-625x350.jpg

I agree......:confused::confused::confused:

This is not fake. Go on YouTube, you'll find tons of extremely serious videos stating flat earth and claiming all manner of proof and science to back it up. Carl Sagan warned years ago that people were losing the ability to think critically and understand the difference between scientific evidence and mumbojumbo. All you have to do is look at the internet to see all the flat earth, 9/11, moon hoax, chemtrails, etc videos to see it confirmed. Kyrie, in this case, actually believes he is the enlightened one and everyone else is just lapping up the "lies" fed to them. He just isn't intellectually capable of understanding how wrong he is and how easily his positions are debunked and he is not alone by a long shot. Add to this the fact that we have a person just like him running the country now that President Comacho has taken office...

Oh, I know the Flat Earth Society is out there, I'm just speaking of the article about Kyrie's thoughts.

I'm pretty sure Trump doesn't believe the Earth is flat...:p

I'm not totally sure!

This is not fake. Go on YouTube, you'll find tons of extremely serious videos stating flat earth and claiming all manner of proof and science to back it up. Carl Sagan warned years ago that people were losing the ability to think critically and understand the difference between scientific evidence and mumbojumbo. All you have to do is look at the internet to see all the flat earth, 9/11, moon hoax, chemtrails, etc videos to see it confirmed. Kyrie, in this case, actually believes he is the enlightened one and everyone else is just lapping up the "lies" fed to them. He just isn't intellectually capable of understanding how wrong he is and how easily his positions are debunked and he is not alone by a long shot. Add to this the fact that we have a person just like him running the country now that President Comacho has taken office...

Scientology should be all over Kyrie. He's a ripe recruit.

Don't let this distract you from the fact the Warriors blew a 3-1 lead in the Finals.

The mainstream belief that there is a big Guy in the sky watching us has about as much empirical scientific evidence to back it up as the flat earthers. Yet people blissfully believe.

The mainstream belief that there is a big Guy in the sky watching us has about as much empirical scientific evidence to back it up as the flat earthers. Yet people blissfully believe.
Faith is different than believing something that has been proven.
People have gone into space and we have people on the space station now who can clearly see the Earth is round. Faith and religion is different than believing the Earth is flat.

Faith is different than believing something that has been proven.
People have gone into space and we have people on the space station now who can clearly see the Earth is round. Faith and religion is different than believing the Earth is flat.

I'm not saying it isn't different, just pointing out that millions of people don't need empirical evidence to believe what they want to believe.

Last edited:

To a degree, I agree with you. Difference is that while there is no scientific evidence supporting a diety, there is also no scientific evidence proving there isn't one either.

With flat earthers there is clearly scientific evidence that the flat earth theory is false.

If the earth is flat , why has nobody in history fallen off the edge ?

If the earth is flat , why has nobody in history fallen off the edge ?

The edge is Antarctica... I can't believe I'm actually talking about this. Also, interestingly if the earth really was flat, the way gravity would be would cause you not to be able to fall off the earth since the force of gravity would be basically parallel to the ground near the edge.

The edge is Antarctica... I can't believe I'm actually talking about this. Also, interestingly if the earth really was flat, the way gravity would be would cause you not to be able to fall off the earth since the force of gravity would be basically parallel to the ground near the edge.

why believe in gravity if someone doesn't believe in a round earth? why not just believe giant monsters underneath the flat earth are alternatively inhaling and that is what keeps everything from floating into space.