Proud, But Man… | Syracusefan.com

Proud, But Man…

SUFan44

Hall of Fame
That was a game we should win.

A lot of questionable decisions and bad penalties. First half was about as good as you could do, second half was equally as bad IMO.

Not getting Tucker the ball enough was a mistake, but Shrader made some bad reads too. That’s on him.

What were we doing running a mesh play with the backup TE in the game? Why wasn’t Tucker in there?

Defensively, it felt like we could have blitzed them a little more to force things at times but at the end of the day, the offense was to blame, not the defense.

And when will we get a center that can snap 99% effectively? Couple big mistakes there.

Disappointing but it feels great to be disappointed losing to a Top 5 team on the road. Not many times in the last 20 years we could have such a feeling.

I honestly think we would have won this game if not for the bonehead penalty by Fuentes on the freshman QB.

Dabo made a desperate decision putting the freshman QB in the game and he was rattled after a big sack/loss on second down. Then we took a terrible penalty giving this kid some confidence and he marched them down the field for a TD.

It changed the momentum and the game big time.

I don’t think it was meant to be a mesh play but it looked like it cause the Clemson defensive line blew it up. I went back to look and I believe it was a QB draw with Hoeh as the lead blocker but it got blown up. I still don’t love the call.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom