PS: Barring injury, here's the list of Syracuse freshmen who appear headed toward a redshirt year | Syracusefan.com

PS: Barring injury, here's the list of Syracuse freshmen who appear headed toward a redshirt year

• Quarterback Mitch Kimble
  • Quarterback Austin Wilson
  • Wide receiver Sean Avant
  • Wide receiver Corey Winfield
  • Offensive lineman Jamar McGloster
  • Offensive lineman Alex Hayes
  • Tight end Tyler Provo
  • Tight end PJ Batten
  • Defensive back Chauncey Scissum
  • Linebacker Alryk Perry

• Quarterback Mitch Kimble
  • Quarterback Austin Wilson
  • Wide receiver Sean Avant
  • Wide receiver Corey Winfield
  • Offensive lineman Jamar McGloster
  • Offensive lineman Alex Hayes
  • Tight end Tyler Provo
  • Tight end PJ Batten
  • Defensive back Chauncey Scissum
  • Linebacker Alryk Perry

Thank you. There is some definite talent sitting and waiting their turn, I like that a lot.

I don't think that OL Burton kid has played yet.

I don't think he's played either, but he showed up in the Northwestern box score. Couldn't tell on TV.

Hopefully Mink has an update later today.

Thank you. There is some definite talent sitting and waiting their turn, I like that a lot.

A bit weird, though, that Cam Lynch (and others it seems from Mink's question to Lynch) mentioned that the two of the three standouts on the scout team happen to be walkons: Tobias and Burke. He and others might just be giving them some attention in the press. Maybe they're diamonds in the rough that will wind up playing big minutes for us like Diabate but it's always a worry when the walkons get the attention on the scout team.

A bit weird, though, that Cam Lynch (and others it seems from Mink's question to Lynch) mentioned that the two of the three standouts on the scout team happen to be walkons: Tobias and Burke. He and others might just be giving them some attention in the press. Maybe they're diamonds in the rough that will wind up playing big minutes for us like Diabate but it's always a worry when the walkons get the attention on the scout team.

True but I personally always thought Burke was a hell of a player at Corcoran and a D1 talent. I think he went to Milford before walking on at Syracuse. So he's around 6-1 245 and a 3rd year college player with a year of prep school.

I don't know anything about Tobias.

Has Trevon Trejo or Marona played yet?

No, but they're not Freshmen. I think they were both 3 to play 2 (I don't have my notes in front of me).

EDIT- I think Marona is 4 to play 3. Graduated from HS in 2011 and only spent 1 year at Pasadena CC

Last edited:
they're both jucos but appear to also be redshirting

If they are both redshirting, that could explain why we are not jumping at more DE's in recruiting.

...or maybe Cam is simply giving a shout out to two of his best friends on the team. Who knows?

I thought Tobias looked like a pretty decent player when he got in and Burke is a good sized talented player...I could see that, especially since Lynch is playing against them on D.