PS: Howard Washington adds depth to Syracuse's backcourt (SU player evaluations) | Syracusefan.com

PS: Howard Washington adds depth to Syracuse's backcourt (SU player evaluations)

I'm hoping for good things from Howard this season. However, 175 pounds on a 6-3 frame certainly is not bulky.

I'm hoping for good things from Howard this season. However, 175 pounds on a 6-3 frame certainly is not bulky.

IMG_6318.JPG

HW will surprise a lot of people in year one. Just my opinion, but can't wait to watch him play in Orange. If I'm lucky enough, as anything can happen in life. So, basketball is a perk that we often forget. I'll take guys like HW, OB, MM, Sidibe that bleed Orange any day. He's a solid backup to Frank. I'll stop there, as no tangent needed. Welcome to the family, Howard.

HW will surprise a lot of people in year one. Just my opinion, but can't wait to watch him play in Orange. If I'm lucky enough, as anything can happen in life. So, basketball is a perk that we often forget. I'll take guys like HW, OB, MM, Sidibe that bleed Orange any day. He's a solid backup to Frank. I'll stop there, as no tangent needed. Welcome to the family, Howard.

I think he is going to be the hardest working guy on the team, and I think he will exceed expectations.

Couldn't agree with you more His competition may not have been as tough as parts of U S but he put up some serious numbers consistently in all categories and that spells out B A L L P L A Y E R with B A S K E T B A L L I Q . He's a sleeper

That makes it pretty clear where he fits. 1st guard off the bench.
Not sure how you reach that conclusion from that "article", which states Howard "could" regain the starter spot.
I expect Howard will start, and will self destruct on so many occasions that Washington plays the bulk of the minutes.
Hope I am wrong on Howard, but j have really not seen anything that shows me he is a competitor or an intelligent player. Even when given the starting job this year, he performed badly.