PS: Is Bourama Sidibe Syracuse's next unheralded center? (SU player evaluations) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

PS: Is Bourama Sidibe Syracuse's next unheralded center? (SU player evaluations)

I think that statement meant as a defender in the zone.
Yeah, maybe. If so, it was awkwardly written.

I like Mike Waters. He's an outstanding writer but these player evaluations have not been good. They come off like they're just designed to meet a quota of written articles.

All Sidibe needs to do is be a rotation defensive player. Just work on learning the zone. For the zone to be good it needs active length up top and it's a middle who knows when to come up to the FT line and when to defend the short corner.

Unheralded = unsung, underrated, underestimated, etc...

1. Is Sidibe a center? If yes, advance to #2
2. Will another center, not already on the roster, arrive on campus prior to Sidibe? If no, advance to #3
3. Is Sidibe highly rated?

If you answered yes, no, no, then the answer to Mike Waters' question is Yes
If you answered otherwise, the answer to Mike Waters' question is No

We have a lot of 4's on next year's roster, so I think Thompson starts at the 5 with Sidibe backing him up.
wow so you see Chukwu getting walk-on minutes?

wow so you see Chukwu getting walk-on minutes?

I don't know but Chukwu is nowhere close to as good as Sidibe. If JB decides he wants to give TT a look at some 4 minutes, that might open up some time (and that's a long shot), but barring that, I see Sidibe playing over Chukwu. JB has said a lot of positive things about PC's defense, but Sidibe would provide the shot blocking too and can play on the offensive end.

I don't know but Chukwu is nowhere close to as good as Sidibe. If JB decides he wants to give TT a look at some 4 minutes, that might open up some time (and that's a long shot), but barring that, I see Sidibe playing over Chukwu. JB has said a lot of positive things about PC's defense, but Sidibe would provide the shot blocking too and can play on the offensive end.
cool, I'm pretty excited about Sidibe and Brisset

Carmelo Anthony, Derrick Coleman, Lawrence Moten, etc.
Not for nothing, but why are some narratives taking hold, ie; JB doesn't play freshmen, despite all facts to the contrary? #alternativefacts

Devendorf, McNamara, Flynn, Greene, Owens, Hart, Hill, Triche, Forth...

Only briefly in the middle of the year. Ovcina was in the starting lineup to start the season, he had problems and Hill was moved to the 4 and Etan started after a few games, but after Burgan's suspension ended, so did the Etan starting experiment. His famous fouling out in the first half came as a reserve.

Rakeem was a token starter (at power forward). Mookie Watkins didn't start a game until his junior year. Danny Schayes started three games before his senior year, never at center, and never as a freshman. Fab was another token starter.

Like FlyRodder said, it's rare for Boeheim to start a freshman center.

Fab was a token starter, but didn't Keita get the most minutes? He was also a freshman.

Fab was a token starter, but didn't Keita get the most minutes? He was also a freshman.

Yep, he earned trust as the year went on. Baye had limitations, but he came in with certain polished skills (along with stamina and discipline) that Fab didn't have. I don't know where one would find this, but I bet Rick Jackson played the most minutes at center that season, along with the minutes he got starting at the 4.

I bet that's what we'll see next year. The more veteran guy (Thompson) is going to get the lion's share of the center minutes regardless of who starts and who's got the most natural ability to play center.

For a team with limited scholarships, JAB and friends have had a lot of swings and misses at the center position that they can't afford. Close to zero production out of Obokoh, Coleman, and Chukwu is not a good trend. And then throw in the disaster that was the Diagne recruitment. Hopefully it can be righted.

For a team with limited scholarships, JAB and friends have had a lot of swings and misses at the center position that they can't afford. Close to zero production out of Obokoh, Coleman, and Chukwu is not a good trend. And then throw in the disaster that was the Diagne recruitment. Hopefully it can be righted.
It makes me appreciate Rick Jackson.
I was watching 2011 games and our offense had more diversity with Scoop/Triche/Waiters/Joseph and we still threw the ball down to Jackson in crunch time pretty much every game that year.

Finding Rick Jackson's shouldn't be hard for a program like Syracuse.

Devendorf, McNamara, Flynn, Greene, Owens, Hart, Hill, Triche, Forth...

So since the 1988-1989 season you've named 9 guys. 30 years, 9 guys, well, guess that's 1 every 3 years.

So since the 1988-1989 season you've named 9 guys. 30 years, 9 guys, well, guess that's 1 every 3 years.
Autry, Michael Edwards, Ennis, Malachi, Wallace, Hart all started as well.

9, in addition to the others already listed in the posts before me. Moten, Coleman, Melo, Autry, etc.

I can really only envision three scenarios up front with the starting lineup.

Thompson starts at 4, Chukwu bounces back big and starts at 5, now having two years of practice in our system.

Thompsons starts at 5, with either Moyer [who spent a redshirt year learning our defensive system] or Brisset manning the 4.

Thompson starts at 4, with Sidibe stepping into the starting lineup as a frosh.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out
Those are 3 most likely

But
Thompson/Moyer/Brissett may all start

Those are 3 most likely

But
Thompson/Moyer/Brissett may all start
We'd better hope not.

That might be the least complimentary trio of offensive players we will have marched out to start perhaps ever.

That's where it would hurt, far more than on the other end if the floor.

Liked that in the video that most of his blocks were not "poster" smashes but light tips to his teammates to get the break going. Showed awareness of the players around him.

We'd better hope not.

That might be the least complimentary trio of offensive players we will have marched out to start perhaps ever.
How can you know? You have seen one of them play in college.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom