PS: NCAA allows Syracuse basketball to count 3 scholarships this year toward penalty | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

PS: NCAA allows Syracuse basketball to count 3 scholarships this year toward penalty

That was the case at UNC (AFAM open to the entire school), and they still cited the AD for impermissible (academic) benefits since they deliberately funneled athletes through those "classes" and manipulated the grades.

I see what the NCAA's trying to do ... duck mass-scale academic fraud. I just don't think they can do it and still prohibit impermissible benefits. The logic is inescapable: Free A's for whole courses are obviously more egregious than excessive help with 1 assignment.
Your reasoning is sound. But, sadly, it's become clear that the UNCs and UKs of the college hoops world are too big to fail. The ncaa will bring the hammer down on the women's hoops program and perhaps a bit on the football program but Roy 'n' the boys will skate mostly unscathed.

Your reasoning is sound. But, sadly, it's become clear that the UNCs and UKs of the college hoops world are too big to fail. The ncaa will bring the hammer down on the women's hoops program and perhaps a bit on the football program but Roy 'n' the boys will skate mostly unscathed.
You're not the only one predicting this. I find it hard to believe that, with 5 level 1 violations and 18 years/1800 athletes, the BB program will emerge from this unscathed. They're in it up to their necks, since BB and FB players took many AFAM classes and are featured in numerous emails. But you're right .. who knows.

so good to know that the blood on our hands of bj and patterson might actually help us in the future. miss them this year.

so good to know that the blood on our hands of bj and patterson might actually help us in the future. miss them this year.
You miss Patterson this year?

i miss depth. and both of these cats could have provided some.

you seem to only view substitutions as a negative when they play as opposed to the positive they provide to the starter.
ncaa season is a marathon not a sprint. best save something for the finish. and 40+ spells early exit.

...it's become clear that the UNCs and UKs of the college hoops world are too big to fail.

"Too big to fail." So, a Bail Out is in order...

Let me respond to this thread with my new rllbees impersonation:

"Moyer starts."

How many minutes would they have played and who minutes are you cutting for them? Neither one would have played.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom