PS: SU football team has a new 'law firm' representing its defense this season | Syracusefan.com

PS: SU football team has a new 'law firm' representing its defense this season

I know I'm forever Dumas scarred, but when I hear about a player who added more weight than he ever expected and that he thinks it takes away from his stamina, well...

Those of you who know, I gladly welcome the response that this is in no way the case when it comes to MPB.

253 pounds was nice to see though and he carries it just fine. It's been reported that he's still crazy fast and he admits he needs to improve his stamina which I'd imagine will be fine come Sept (and with a situational rotation at dend.)

I know I'm forever Dumas scarred, but when I hear about a player who added more weight than he ever expected and that he thinks it takes away from his stamina, well...

Those of you who know, I gladly welcome the response that this is in no way the case when it comes to MPB.

The pictures I've seen he looks good. I haven't noticed the inner tube that Dumas was carrying around.

And Rahme has mentioned sever times that he's really fast so at least we're not hearing the opposite.

He's probably the fastest and quickest DE on the roster, probably faster than anyone we have had in a while. He will probably settle in at 245 or so during the season (as is common with guys putting on a lot of muscle quickly).

We can be excited about his potential but need to temper expectations as he is very, very raw. He is an excellent athlete just scratching surface.

He's probably the fastest and quickest DE on the roster, probably faster than anyone we have had in a while. He will probably settle in at 245 or so during the season (as is common with guys putting on a lot of muscle quickly).

We can be excited about his potential but need to temper expectations as he is very, very raw. He is an excellent athlete just scratching surface.

Perfect (phat too), thanks. I'll go back to worrying about other things. I figured with any JUCO there is a big learning curve so the last part isn't surprising. But glad he's in great shape as he learns.

I wonder how fat Jameel Dumas is now. I keep expecting him to pop up on some reality TV show.

Perfect (phat too), thanks. I'll go back to worrying about other things. I figured with any JUCO there is a big learning curve so the last part isn't surprising. But glad he's in great shape as he learns.

I wonder how fat Jameel Dumas is now. I keep expecting him to pop up on some reality TV show.

images

With JUCO experience in California, he could be ahead of other DEs on our roster who haven't played at all (Simmons) or not much (Robinson) at the D-1 level. DE is a spot where a quick, raw athlete can excel -- needs to smoke out screens or passes to the flat, but otherwise, get pressures.
Put simply, I hope we can keep high expectations as we need him to have early impact. This defense has a chance to be good.