PS: There will be many changes for Syracuse basketball team next season | Syracusefan.com

PS: There will be many changes for Syracuse basketball team next season

“It was a tough season,’’ Carey said. “We had a lot of ups and downs, but I commend all our guys and the coaches for the way we came together through everything we’ve been through.

“The offseason is going to be big for us.’’

Doesn't sound like someone who's leaving.

“It was a tough season,’’ Carey said. “We had a lot of ups and downs, but I commend all our guys and the coaches for the way we came together through everything we’ve been through.

Not been worried about him really at all.

already excited for it, although the offseason will be a nice break.

article failed to mention the italy tour. probably should have in there.

Anyone think Sidibe could want out? Maybe thinks he could get more playing time somewhere else? No info here just thinking out loud.

Anyone think Sidibe could want out? Maybe thinks he could get more playing time somewhere else? No info here just thinking out loud.

Good luck Sidibe seems like a nice kids but why would we be upset if he leaves? He’s obviously still not right.

Where would he go? His knees are shot. At this point, try to contribute and excel off the court so that he can graduate on time.

Neither did TT. Then he decided to leave a week before the season. I imagine this is a different case though. Seems like maybe getting knocked down a bit will make him come back stronger.

Neither did TT. Then he decided to leave a week before the season. I imagine this is a different case though. Seems like maybe getting knocked down a bit will make him come back stronger.

While it may have been a surprise to us, as fans, didn't TT pretty much go rogue all summer long, as far as teammates and staff were concerned?

While it may have been a surprise to us, as fans, didn't TT pretty much go rogue all summer long, as far as teammates and staff were concerned?
Yea but right after season concluded he talked about getting back stronger on defense. I remember posting about how he was all in on getting better. He was a def flake though.

This quote I enjoyed:

“We are obviously going to have a young group going into next year,’’ Buddy Boeheim said, “but me and Jalen got some good experience this year.’’

If Jalen can step up, it will help Buddy and Elijah tremendously. If he can push tempo a bit and breakdown defenses off the dribble (and stops trying to do what he could get away with in HS), Buddy and Elijah should get more open looks from three.

I actually have faith that our 1-3 positions will be better in terms of the offensive end (defense... we'll see).

I just need to know if OB is 100% coming back.

Marek can’t come back this summer the same weight. Hopefully Guerrier’s and Braswell’s presences will push him.

As a junior Center, he should be thinking he’ll be the starting center. He should be thinking he’ll beat out a 190 pound forward and a freshman.

Marek can’t come back this summer the same weight. Hopefully Guerrier’s and Braswell’s presences will push him.

Why can’t Marek come back at the same weight? He lost weight last Summer. I’d say that makes it likely he’ll weigh the same next year.

Not everybody is Eric Dungey.

Why can’t Marek come back at the same weight? He lost weight last Summer. I’d say that makes it likely he’ll weigh the same next year.

Not everybody is Eric Dungey.

I should’ve added if he’d like to further solidify the likelyhood of maintaining his playing time.

Then again the 5 is looking dangerousl weak so there’ll be a spot.

I cannot get the picture of Carey’s insane charge into two players in a Tournament game out of my mind.

Good players have physical and mental skills. I’m now thinking or suspecting that when Carey gets on the court, all the practices and coaching take a back seat to his playground instincts.

I could be wrong, of course. and I hope I am. But that single play was so fruitcake nutty, I have my doubts.

Carey’s transferring makes no logical sense, unless he realizes that he doesn’t want to play with restrictions on what he can or cannot do. But that doesn't mean, he won't try and find a team and coach he might think he would like better.

The bigger question may be can he tolerate more playing time? I thought he was still having leftover leg problems.-VBOF

Last edited:
Good overall article... Lots of questions to be answered.

I love the PS analyzing players when they say this player or that player will need to add weight and get bigger.

When do we ever beef guys up?

I thought Matthew Moyer bulked up quite a bit between high school and his second year here. Of course, much of that depends on genetics and such, too.