PS: There will be many changes for Syracuse basketball team next season | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

PS: There will be many changes for Syracuse basketball team next season

I thought Matthew Moyer bulked up quite a bit between high school and his second year here. Of course, much of that depends on genetics and such, too.

Marek needs to hit the weights and protein shakes.

20 pounds could make him an elite player if he continues on his current improvement trajectory... I think it would also help him defensively in situations where he has to foul because he can't bang... Which happens a lot.

Marek needs to hit the weights and protein shakes.

20 pounds could make him an elite player if he continues on his current improvement trajectory... I think it would also help him defensively in situations where he has to foul because he can't bang... Which happens a lot.

Even 10 or 15 pounds of muscle could make a difference (plus hopefully 10 more in the hips to anchor him or withstand a Zion-like hit). Decades ago, I joined Gold's Gym to gain some weight. After a month I could only gain 10 lbs. (and it took over a month, I think), but I went from bench pressing 90 max in sets of 15 to 160.