PS-Whigham looking good | Syracusefan.com

PS-Whigham looking good

Kid was great in camp last year, he is on pace to have a very good career at Syracuse. And, yet again, he has an incredible life experience to boot. Syracuse football is loaded with these stories. Makes it very easy to root for all of them.

Anyone else think that we may secretly have the best corners in the ACC with Lyn, Whigham, Reddish, and Anderson? I loved what I saw from Whigham in the Spring it's hard to jump out, but he did

Anyone else think that we may secretly have the best corners in the ACC with Lyn, Whigham, Reddish, and Anderson? I loved what I saw from Whigham in the Spring it's hard to jump out, but he did

I have a feeling that our two first team corners right now will possibly (probably?) wind up as the second team corners sometime this season, not through their own fault but because the guys behind them are just more talented.

I love our athleticism in the secondary especially when you add in guys like Morgan and Eskridge. Add to that the ability to run from our linebackers (especially Davis) and this defense should truly fly around the field. I hope the pass rush can get into the backfield, but I do have faith in them clogging up the running lanes in the middle. I'm so excited to watch this defense.

I have a feeling that our two first team corners right now will possibly (probably?) wind up as the second team corners sometime this season, not through their own fault but because the guys behind them are just more talented.

Quite a "problem" to have.

Cornerback has to be the second-deepest position on our team (RB) with Anderson/Lyn/Reddish/Whigham all more than capable.

Really wished he red shirted. Woulda been nice if Wayne did to. Oh well

Really wished he red shirted. Woulda been nice if Wayne did to. Oh well

Whigham, Reddish and Morgan all did not redshirt. None really made a huge impact on defense as freshmen, either. Imagine if they all had another year of eligibility?

The only way these guys are gonna be as good as advertised is if we can get some sort of pass rush

"Assembled media was stuck waiting around for 20 minutes underneath a white tent adjacent to Manley Field House."

Sounds rough.

Whigham, Reddish and Morgan all did not redshirt. None really made a huge impact on defense as freshmen, either. Imagine if they all had another year of eligibility?
One positive is that their freshmen years they did get some on the field experience. Sometimes if a player will be getting playing time it's better to not redshirt them. Obviously if a player is simply buried on the depth chart a player should be redshirted

"Assembled media was stuck waiting around for 20 minutes underneath a white tent adjacent to Manley Field House."

Sounds rough.

Cohen/Mink are always writing about waiting around - get over it. You're there to bend to their schedule - not the other way around. He is starting to sound like he has an axe to grind.

The only way these guys are gonna be as good as advertised is if we can get some sort of pass rush

They are going to be as good as advertised but as you wrote if the defense can get a constant push into the backfield we are going to be enjoying a pick 6's or two.

Red is a great corner but it would have been interesting to see how he would have done at WR

Red is a great corner but it would have been interesting to see how he would have done at WR

And then who would have played corner? The guy was needed on defense.

And then who would have played corner? The guy was needed on defense.
agreed my point wasnt that he should have played wr just that it would have been interesting to see how he would have done

One nice thing is that Reddish is back on kickoffs so he will get the ball in his hands.
that is good i didnt know that he was being considered for kick returns

that is good i didnt know that he was being considered for kick returns

I'm an idiot, sorry...was thinking Morgan! I agree with your point about seeing the ball in his hands as well but we know where he was needed.