PSU and B1G fallout? | Syracusefan.com

PSU and B1G fallout?

OrangeCrush22

All Conference
Any guesses on how far this goes? I'd say the least we should expect is almost everybody at Penn State in a position of power will be fired. Including JoePa. The worst would be even more kids coming forward saying they were molested, and the B1G kicking out PSU to save image.

Just reading what went on is disgusting. I stopped reading after victim 2...

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/pdf/201111/20111107_sandusky_grand_jury_presentment.pdf

Paterno won't be fired. He will retire at the end of the season. But there will be a ton of fallout.

If PSU allows him to coach the rest of the season they should be kicked out of the B10 and NCAA.

Sent from my DROIDX

I have no clue what, if anything, the Big will do about this. But if I were Penn State and I wanted to ensure the best long term solution for the program, the old man would suspended at the very least. Yesterday. Same with the Prez. Then officially gone once this plays out as most believe it will. Entire staff goes too at that point.

Someone asked today on the radio if the reason for not reacting like this was just in case it's a Duke lacrosse part 2. It was quickly pointed out that this isn't even close to the same thing. And much of this investigation has been going on for quite awhile. This isn't a where there's smoke there's fire situation, it's a where there's fire there's fire situation.

I have no clue what, if anything, the Big will do about this. But if I were Penn State and I wanted to ensure the best long term solution for the program, the old man would suspended at the very least. Yesterday. Same with the Prez. Then officially gone once this plays out as most believe it will. Entire staff goes too at that point.

Someone asked today on the radio if the reason for not reacting like this was just in case it's a Duke lacrosse part 2. It was quickly pointed out that this isn't even close to the same thing. And much of this investigation has been going on for quite awhile. This isn't a where there's smoke there's fire situation, it's a where there's fire there's fire situation.

Yep, if the PSU board of trustees has an ounce of both common sense and morality they would start decimating the school's administration and athletic department within the next 48 hours.

Yep, if the PSU board of trustees has an ounce of both common sense and morality they would start decimating the school's administration and athletic department within the next 48 hours.

Wondering who, if any, of their BOT knew about this. Could be the overhaul of overhauls. Really hard to believe that these guys were able to go about their daily jobs all this time.

If PSU allows him to coach the rest of the season they should be kicked out of the B10 and NCAA.

Sent from my DROIDX

He shouldn't make it until the weekend. I'm sure there is much internal struggle within the BOT about whether they can somehow get joepa to the finish line (end of this year) or whether he needs to go now. The people of the state of Pennsylvania should be demanding that he be fired ASAP.

Wondering who, if any, of their BOT knew about this. Could be the overhaul of overhauls. Really hard to believe that these guys were able to go about their daily jobs all this time.

What's stunning is that Sandusky was investigated and seemingly admitted to some level of wrongdoing in 1998!

19-freakin-98!

Not that it shouldn't have been resolved then, but as soon as ANYTHING surfaced in '02, with that history, he should have been jailed. Case closed.

In terms of JoePa, this passage summed it up for me:

"In other words -- If True -- I didn't know anything. Once informed of something, I did the minimum: I kicked it up the chain, looked away and chose never to think of it again.

If Paterno knew something and did nothing, he's an accessory. If he didn't know, he should have known. Such are the burdens of omniscience as understood by the cult of the Division I football coach."

http://espn.go.com/espn/commentary/...ue-did-penn-state-coach-joe-paterno-know-when

The worst would be even more kids coming forward saying they were molested

There are 8 reported victims going back what?15 years?This scumbag has been running that camp since 1977.I would be very surprised if there aren't more out there.

Just read that PSU was going to be forcibly removed from the B1G... and replaced by Rutgers.
oh wait...I read that on the Rutgers board.

Paterno won't be fired. He will retire at the end of the season. But there will be a ton of fallout.
I expect in the next week or so it will be announced that St. JoePa will be 'retiring' at the end of the season.

I expect in the next week or so it will be announced that St. JoePa will be 'retiring' at the end of the season.

Quite frankly he doesn't deserve to leave with a shred of dignity. He should be gone ASAP. It's disappointing he isn't gone already.

Came out Sandusky was working out in the Penn St sports complex gym just last week.

JoePa has to go! And NOW!

No idea what will come of this whole situation. However, a radio station in the area has apparently reported that Urban Meyer has just recently leased property just outside of State College.

Of course, word is he has a daughter who is a big time volleyball recruit, so it could just signify that she's going to commit to Penn State and he wants a place to stay while she's enrolled there. Still, it's interesting.

There's no way Paterno escapes scrutiny in this. If he didn't know, he should have. I don't think it's believable that he wasn't aware of Sandusky's issues, rather he and others made a conscious choice to ignore it and hope it went away. He should step down now and not damage the school any further.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is absolutely incredible starting with the GA who sees a child being sodomized and runs home to tell his Dad and JoePa. What ?

They've wanted to get rid of paterno for several years for Football-related issues, so it shouldn't be a big deal to let him go.