PSU BOT releases statement | Syracusefan.com

PSU BOT releases statement

it's not good enough. they know all the facts. they are acting like this is a bucket of water in the face that just happened two days ago. THEY HAVE KNOWN FOR MONTHS and failed to act. the chick on francesa today reported that the attorney general who performed the investigation is on the god damn board. these people make me sick, and angry. this is some seriously twisted .

Finally, some humanity and reason from College Station.

That's amazingly similar to what Joyce said she would have told Spanier to say. As if we needed another reason to believe CTO knows what the hell she's talking about.

I read it a couple times and it says nothing. Basically says they have no clue what to do so they'll set up a special committee which will be made up of people they choose. I still contend that some on the BOT were fully aware of the goings on. And someone said the AG is on the BOT?

And someone said the AG is on the BOT?

Linda Kelly? I don't see her listed on the BOT roster. That would present a clear conflict of interest and she would be forced to recuse herself from the case and appoint a special prosecutor, I would think.

Yeah, they mentioned talking about it down here on ESPN Radio in Texas that Kelly has no affiliations to PSU, apparently. ESPN also mentioned how disconcerting it was and how much it kind of "de-mystifies" JoePa that in her statements she refuses to refer to him as anything other than "Mr. Paterno."

Linda Kelly's a Pitt grad, with a JD from Duquesne. Former DA of Allegheny County, according to Wikipedia.

"The Board of Trustees of The Pennsylvania State University is outraged by the horrifying details contained in the Grand Jury Report. As parents, alumni and members of the Penn State Community, our hearts go out to all of those impacted by these terrible events, especially the tragedies involving children and their families. We cannot begin to express the combination of sorrow and anger that we feel about the allegations surrounding Jerry Sandusky. We hear those of you who feel betrayed and we want to assure all of you that the Board will take swift, decisive action. "

Where to begin,,

1. "...our hearts go out to all those impacted by these terrible events, especially the tragedies involving children and their families."
Are you kidding me? Tell me, BOT, other than the victims in this, who else would are you conveying sympathy to?

2."...the allegations surrounding Jerry Sandusky..."
Ok. At least we now know the legal team is involved. Not a Penn State problem, but a Sandusky problem..

Have to stop there..absurdity is to much. What a ridiculous statement.

CTO/JNJ-Tylenol Exec needed...

I read it a couple times and it says nothing. Basically says they have no clue what to do so they'll set up a special committee which will be made up of people they choose. I still contend that some on the BOT were fully aware of the goings on. And someone said the AG is on the BOT?

-------------------

"Says nothing"?

You should read it again then.

And if you have any first hand info that "some on the BOT were fully aware", then obviously you should be sure to provide your information to the committee and the police authorities as they continue their investigation.

More to the point, appointing a "Special Committee to undertake a full and complete investigation" is how grown-ups responsible at large organizations document the facts and decide on actions to correct problems.

no, here's what it is and i just did the research to make sure it's right. a guy named tom corbett was the AG until January 2011, he is now the governor of PA, and he was the one the did the investigation of sandusky. he appointed linda kelly, and apparently made it clear that paterno was off limits. he is on the BOT.

i'm not sure how else to write it. the guy was the AG from 2005 to 2011, he knew everything about sandusky, and he is on the bot, therefore they know everything about sandusky. this whole idea that they need to form a committee, etc, is stalling BS. to this day they are still covering for paterno. if anyone has all the facts, it is him, and he is on the board for crissakes!

Linda Kelly? I don't see her listed on the BOT roster. That would present a clear conflict of interest and she would be forced to recuse herself from the case and appoint a special prosecutor, I would think.

Must have misread something. Thus the ?

-------------------

"Says nothing"?

You should read it again then.

And if you have any first hand info that "some on the BOT were fully aware", then obviously you should be sure to provide your information to the committee and the police authorities as they continue their investigation.

More to the point, appointing a "Special Committee to undertake a full and complete investigation" is how grown-ups responsible at large organizations document the facts and decide on actions to correct problems.

that statement could have been made 4 days ago. wow, real swift. now they are buying time. i also have no doubt the facts have been well documented by now. it's been a 15 year or more cover up.

no, here's what it is and i just did the research to make sure it's right. a guy named tom corbett was the AG until January 2011, he is now the governor of PA, and he was the one the did the investigation of sandusky. he appointed linda kelly, and apparently made it clear that paterno was off limits. he is on the BOT.

i'm not sure how else to write it. the guy was the AG from 2005 to 2011, he knew everything about sandusky, and he is on the bot, therefore they know everything about sandusky. this whole idea that they need to form a committee, etc, is stalling BS. to this day they are still covering for paterno. if anyone has all the facts, it is him, and he is on the board for crissakes!

that must be it. that place is so incestuous. its the foxes guarding the hen house.

that statement could have been made 4 days ago. wow, real swift. now they are buying time. i also have no doubt the facts have been well documented by now. it's been a 15 year or more cover up.

----------------

If its been a "15 year or more cover up", that's all the more reason to have a special committee to conduct a full and comprehensive investigation and untangle all of this; it's also likely the press will uncover more information as those who may have been involved have contradictions in their stories.

that must be it. that place is so incestuous. its the foxes guarding the hen house.

I'll disagree with you on this. This is the lawyers and crisis management team at work, reshaping what the BOT really wants to say about the situation. I'll stick my neck out an inch: The PSU BOT is undoubtedly a group of successful, moral people who are hurting and angered by this. I'm sure they don't confront these situations in their daily lives.

Ah. Ok. Well that is interesting. I was really thinking the governor should step in and take some control over the situation. Now I see that ain't gonna happen.

Ah. Ok. Well that is interesting. I was really thinking the governor should step in and take some control over the situation. Now I see that ain't gonna happen.
no, it is happening, no one has power over that dude right now.

----------------

If its been a "15 year or more cover up", that's all the more reason to have a special committee to conduct a full and comprehensive investigation and untangle all of this; it's also likely the press will uncover more information as those who may have been involved have contradictions in their stories.

15 years. i wouldn't have anyone connected with psu doing any special committee investigation. how far and deep does it run. it's a state university. wanna do it right? get others in the state assigned by state government to be the special committee.

I'll disagree with you on this. This is the lawyers and crisis management team at work, reshaping what the BOT really wants to say about the situation. I'll stick my neck out an inch: The PSU BOT is undoubtedly a group of successful, moral people who are hurting and angered by this. I'm sure they don't confront these situations in their daily lives.

who are the lawyers and crisis management? many psu fans say the psu internal lawyer knew what was going on. i'll stick my neck out too. i say 50% of the BOT knew something about the whole thing.

who are the lawyers and crisis management? many psu fans say the psu internal lawyer knew what was going on. i'll stick my neck out too. i say 50% of the BOT knew something about the whole thing.

In this situation, I'm guessing the BOT retained counsel and advisors to help with the situation. As to the internal lawyer, sure. However, the BOT should have separate counsel at this stage.

I'll bet you a beer as to whether any of the BOT knew of this or any related issues. I'll be shocked if this is the case.

In this situation, I'm guessing the BOT retained counsel and advisors to help with the situation. As to the internal lawyer, sure. However, the BOT should have separate counsel at this stage.

I'll bet you a beer as to whether any of the BOT knew of this or any related issues. I'll be shocked if this is the case.

I am with you on this. I have served on several boards. If the "outside" members of the BOT at PSU (not the state officials) are anything like the BOT members at SU, I would bet more than a beer that none of them knew anything about this. A board has the ultimate responsibility for an organization -- both in a fiduciary sense and in a behavioral sense. I am certain that the PSU BOT outside (or "independent") members are all successful people who love PSU. Being a member of such a board is not an honorific thing. It involves asking probing questions, setting policy and making serious decisions. In other words, it is WORK, and you are not paid for it, or even reimbursed for travel and hotel expenses. Quite the opposite, you PAY for the privilege of serving on such a board, both in terms of time and financial commitments to the university. To me, it is totally inconceivable that any member of the SU BOT could know of something like the mess at PSU and remain silent about it, or attempt to cover it up. That is why I suspect the "independent" trustees at PSU were in the dark about this. It is also why I would not be surprised if they replace the university president on grounds that he did not inform them of this horrific situation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom