PSU--given the choice, source would take death penalty | Syracusefan.com

PSU--given the choice, source would take death penalty

The Paterno family is unbelievable. They need to just .

Sounds like the NCAA is going to come down hard on them. I guess we'll find out in the morning. If they don't, the sound you'll hear in the distance will be the head of Kim Jong Bees exploding, Scanners style.

We will be seeing this in 30 years on some version of 20/20 films "Scandal/Abuse/Paterno/Death Penalty"

This thing is going to keep on going and going...

They gotta get the name off that Library next. That HAS to be the next step.

You can't justify the statue and you can't justify the name on the library

They gotta get the name off that Library next. That HAS to be the next step.

You can't justify the statue and you can't justify the name on the library

If they take his name off the library, the PSU admin will likely have to give the millions back that Paterno donated for its construction. The statue was a different story.

If they take his name off the library, the PSU admin will likely have to give the millions back that Paterno donated for its construction. The statue was a different story.

So pay it back! Easy enough solution.

They (PSU) are gonna lose millions in lawsuits anyway from the victims. What is a few more million.

They (PSU) are gonna lose millions in lawsuits anyway from the victims. What is a few more million.

Pres. Erickson's comments make it clear that they're looking for any way possible to minimize their losses. There might be some backlash about it but it's an academic building, perhaps the most important on campus, and even people outside State College will have a harder time arguing that Paterno's name on a library is an insult to the victims. Not to mention that it's a big chunk of money. I don't think folks quite understand the depth of PSU's problems. The state of PA's finances are a shambles, PSU already has the highest tuition (and highest average student debt) of any public school in the country, and the school doesn't have a massive endowment to keep it afloat in tougher times. They've got to control costs wherever they can.

Yep. Even though it is not an athletic building, it still recognizes a criminal and an enabler. If Holmes gave a few million, would they out his name on a building?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I posted this earlier, before they updated the story with the Paternos' statement. I get that they don't get it - they are too close to the situation. What they should get, but don't, is that no one but their own insular community wants to hear anything they have to say.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom