PSU QB Steven Bench to transfer | Syracusefan.com

PSU QB Steven Bench to transfer

yeah, but one of those freshmen was one of the top QB recruits in the nation.

It doesn't matter Christian Hackenburg is a stud and I would be blown away if he didn't start all four years

It doesn't matter Christian Hackenburg is a stud and I would be blown away if he didn't start all four years
Hackenburg looked awesome during the elite 11 competition.

Did this freshman enroll early and play spring ball?

Nope... Christian Hackenberg is still in the mix for the job, coach Bill O'Brien said this week, and is preparing to enter the fray when he arrives on campus in June. -march

Hackenburg looked awesome during the elite 11 competition.
Agree I think him and Cockerell (not sure if I spelled that correctly) had the best showings. I think both players will start day one at PSU and Maryland

April 24th 2013 anomander just finished a handle of Jack by himself. The last drop was consumed at 10:20 pm

ya because Jeff Driskell, and Braxton Miller came out firing in their first collegiate start. doesn't matter that you have only been practicing with the team for a couple months on a very offensively limited team he will just come in and throw for 300 yards and 6 tds? might as well not even go down there and play.

ya because Jeff Driskell, and Braxton Miller came out firing in their first collegiate start. doesn't matter that you have only been practicing with the team for a couple months on a very offensively limited team he will just come in and throw for 300 yards and 6 tds? might as well not even go down there and play.
First off when did I say we wouldn't beat PSU? I said there QB is better then Hunt and anyone that has seen the two play could tell you that. Second Hackenburg has been playing a pro style system for years and has seen a lot better comp then most incoming kids can ever claim. I mean he went to Fork Union which is a solid program. This isn't some run of the mill crap high school they play the best of the best and there kids are ready to play day one. Not sure how much you know about that program but these kids hit the ground running pretty fast just to name a few Gaines Adams, Darryl Blackstock, Plaxico Burress, Dexter Coakley, Jim Druckenmiller, Rickey Dudley, Eddie George, and Vinny Testaverde.

glad that his first start will be against our defense then. hope spruill and davis welcome him to the NCAA.

Bolden was a disaster for PSU, is he still even there?

April 24th 2013 anomander just finished a handle of Jack by himself. The last drop was consumed at 10:20 pm
Jim Beam makes handles...not Jack, although I think they used to.

First off when did I say we wouldn't beat PSU? I said there QB is better then Hunt and anyone that has seen the two play could tell you that. Second Hackenburg has been playing a pro style system for years and has seen a lot better comp then most incoming kids can ever claim. I mean he went to Fork Union which is a solid program. This isn't some run of the mill crap high school they play the best of the best and there kids are ready to play day one. Not sure how much you know about that program but these kids hit the ground running pretty fast just to name a few Gaines Adams, Darryl Blackstock, Plaxico Burress, Dexter Coakley, Jim Druckenmiller, Rickey Dudley, Eddie George, and Vinny Testaverde.

Ya and Fork Union is a huge step up to Syracuse's defense. You make it seem like it was some crazy statement.

Ya and Fork Union is a huge step up to Syracuse's defense. You make it seem like it was some crazy statement.
Good forbid if I think another school has a beter QB then us. The point I was making about Fork Union which you missed is there playing better comp which will prepare the kids better then playing New York or Virginia High School football. Just to give you an idea this is who they played this past year

DateTitleResultScore
Fri, 08/24/2012 - 1:30am PG Football vs. Newport News Apprentice School Loss 0 - 12
Sun, 09/02/2012 - 1:30am Away: Varsity (PG) Football vs. Bethany College JV Win 39 - 0
Sat, 09/08/2012 - 1:30pm Home: Varsity (PG) Football vs. Louisburg College Loss 18 - 23
Sat, 09/15/2012 - 1:30pm Home: Varsity (PG) Football vs. Hampton Community College Gators Win 6 - 2
Sat, 09/22/2012 - 1:30pm Home: Varsity (PG) Football vs. Jireh Prep Warriors Win 35 - 9
Sun, 09/30/2012 - 4:00pm Away: Varsity (PG) Football vs. Saint Francis University Win 27 - 20
Mon, 10/08/2012 - 2:00pm Away: Varsity (PG) Football vs. Eastern Kentucky University Win 14 - 12
Sun, 10/28/2012 - 1:30pm Home: Varsity (PG) Football vs. Gray Military Academy Win 36 - 3
Sat, 11/03/2012 - 1:30pm Away: Varsity (PG) Football vs. Hampton Community College Gators
Sat, 11/10/2012 - 1:30pm Home: Varsity (PG) Football vs. Hargrave Military Academy Loss 10 - 12
Tue, 12/04/2012 (All day) PG Football Maple Syrup Cup (Border Shoot Out)

Good forbid if I think another school has a beter QB then us. The point I was making about Fork Union which you missed is there playing better comp which will prepare the kids better then playing New York or Virginia High School football. Just to give you an idea this is who they played this past year

DateTitleResultScore
Fri, 08/24/2012 - 1:30am PG Football vs. Newport News Apprentice School Loss 0 - 12
Sun, 09/02/2012 - 1:30am Away: Varsity (PG) Football vs. Bethany College JV Win 39 - 0
Sat, 09/08/2012 - 1:30pm Home: Varsity (PG) Football vs. Louisburg College Loss 18 - 23
Sat, 09/15/2012 - 1:30pm Home: Varsity (PG) Football vs. Hampton Community College Gators Win 6 - 2
Sat, 09/22/2012 - 1:30pm Home: Varsity (PG) Football vs. Jireh Prep Warriors Win 35 - 9
Sun, 09/30/2012 - 4:00pm Away: Varsity (PG) Football vs. Saint Francis University Win 27 - 20
Mon, 10/08/2012 - 2:00pm Away: Varsity (PG) Football vs. Eastern Kentucky University Win 14 - 12
Sun, 10/28/2012 - 1:30pm Home: Varsity (PG) Football vs. Gray Military Academy Win 36 - 3
Sat, 11/03/2012 - 1:30pm Away: Varsity (PG) Football vs. Hampton Community College Gators
Sat, 11/10/2012 - 1:30pm Home: Varsity (PG) Football vs. Hargrave Military Academy Loss 10 - 12
Tue, 12/04/2012 (All day) PG Football Maple Syrup Cup (Border Shoot Out)
So you think a true freshman starting his first game of college with only one fall camp would be better than a redshirt sophomore or a redshirt senior?

So you think a true freshman starting his first game of college with only one fall camp would be better than a redshirt sophomore or a redshirt senior?

This was my very next response.

I don't even care if you want to argue Hackenburg is better but making it sound like I was drunk making such a comment was a bit over the top.

Either way, both signal callers will be learning on the job at MetLife in the fall.
Don't usually bet on sports, but what's the over/under on this game?:)

Better then the redshirt Sophmore to start the year yes the redshirt senior no. I just don't think Hunt can even begin to compare to his skill set even with that head start. Will he be better then Drew by the end of the year IMO yes.

Bottom line: if they start a true freshman and we roll out Drew Allen - I think our odds of winning improve dramatically.

Age and wisdom can trump talent - especially when it's the first game on a big stage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom