PSU QB Steven Bench to transfer | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

PSU QB Steven Bench to transfer

Better then the redshirt Sophmore to start the year yes the redshirt senior no. I just don't think Hunt can even begin to compare to his skill set even with that head start. Will he be better then Drew by the end of the year IMO yes.
Well we play them to start the year so I don't give a rat's ass how PSU's QB is at the end of the year.

Well we play them to start the year so I don't give a rat's ass how PSU's QB is at the end of the year.
Exactly... and we are going to beat Penn St.

Who we start at QB is irrelevant. Our D should be our strength. No reason they shouldn't have a significant advantage vs. true frosh.

Maybe BoB wants to have a good QB for two bowl eligible years and will redshirt him this year since they can't go to the postseason...

I would guess that there won't be a whole lot of forward passes thrown by either team in that SU-PSU opener. It might as well rain that day.

As to the story itself, Bench is being a bit of a baby just up and leaving because the other guy was named the starter after Spring practice (per Bennett).

On the flip side, is there really an upside to announcing a starter after Spring Practice when the battle is between players who have no experience? They were apparently even all spring, had similar spring game stats. Let them continue to compete.

Oh well, couldn't happen to a nicer school. There's no way that freshman is starting game 1 against us. So get to know your JUCO.

Bottom line: if they start a true freshman and we roll out Drew Allen - I think our odds of winning improve dramatically.

They roll out a true freshman in his first college start versus a Scott Shafer defense, I think the kid's odds of ending up in the hospital increase dramatically.

"I envision an Orange Crush defense that makes their opponent's families cringe when their child's team comes to play us."
"We want to put the fear God in the opposing football player that has the football under his arm."

Welcome to D1, kid. Good luck.

Does this kid have to sit out a year or is the allowance for Ped St. players to transfer w/o out missing a year still in effect?

Does this kid have to sit out a year or is the allowance for Ped St. players to transfer w/o out missing a year still in effect?
Should still be in effect, however, it's a bit confusing.

In an ESPN article I find:
"As long as players don't practice or play games with Penn State between now and the start of the 2013 season, they can jump schools without penalty, the NCAA said. Incoming freshmen also are released from their national letters of intent so they can play for and receive athletic scholarships from other schools."

While in a CBS Chicago article I find:
"Players can play the entire 2012 season with Penn State and transfer in the offseason without penalty, provided they do it before training camp starts in August 2013."

It's unclear if his participation in Spring ball makes him ineligible for immediate play, but since that's technically still part of the 2012-13 school year he should be fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom