PTG Medical Redshirt? | Syracusefan.com

PTG Medical Redshirt?

WalterReyes39

Walk On
Apologies if this has already been discussed, but can PTG get a medical redshirt for this year after his injury? If I remember correctly, he played as a True Freshman and should still have a redshirt available.

There was a lengthy thread. You should be able to find it. I think it was determined that hes already played in too many to medical redshirt

Search "gulley RS". It's the first thread that pops up. I can't link it from tapatalk

There was a lengthy thread. You should be able to find it. I think it was determined that hes already played in too many to medical redshirt

If that's the case, that's too bad. Thanks for the help.

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but can PTG get a medical redshirt for this year after his injury? If I remember correctly, he played as a True Freshman and should still have a redshirt available.

after doing the math we think he is eligible for a med rs. at first we thought he wasn't but the way they use the 30% rule is backwards. its not 4/12 or 13 it is .3x12 or 13.

.3x 12 =3.6
.3x13 = 3.9
He played in the first 4

yes. 3.6 and 3.9 would be rounded up thus allowing a player to have played in 4 games.

That is good news I figured the NCAA would not round up, thank you for the clarification

Hopefully he learns from his two injuries to make better choices

As some have inferred, was the collarbone injury the result of drunken debauchery after the Toledo game?

I hope he does get a redshirt and has 3 more years available.

Also, I'd like to see Smith in some normal situations like 1st and 10 and see how he would do in a full series of downs.

I hope he does get a redshirt and has 3 more years available.

Also, I'd like to see Smith in some normal situations like 1st and 10 and see how he would do in a full series of downs.

I think he can get the RS... but you never know until then. Then again maybe the staff is happy with him having two more years

I think he can get the RS... but you never know until then. Then again maybe the staff is happy with him having two more years

Yeah he has put himself in some interesting situations if these rumors are indeed true. He might have to earn that extra year.

Yeah he has put himself in some interesting situations if these rumors are indeed true. He might have to earn that extra year.

agreed the extra year will need to be aerned at this point whether granted by the NCAA or not, right now he probably hasnt earned it

As some have inferred, was the collarbone injury the result of drunken debauchery after the Toledo game?

Well it didn't happen during the game, so that's the rumor floating around

Well it didn't happen during the game, so that's the rumor floating around[/qu

If it was another fight then the kid should be shown the door, how dumb you can be? No issue with second chances, 3rd not so much. I highly doubt he was just an innocent victim the 1st go around, hell maybe he was, it all just seems a bit strange.

No one knows...but it apparently didn't happen during the game or doing official duties on campus. He could've fallen down some stairs on accident...but if it did involve poor judjment he needs a wakeup call after what happened last summer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom