Pti | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Pti

I thought we weren't supposed to rate teams on how they play in the tourney?

Scoop and Joseph were both more efficient in 2010 than Dion was in 2012. They both one 6th man awards. You might want to look at the stats.

How teams play in the tourney is an excellent indicator of conference strength. Not sure who told u otherwise. The BE was very overrated that year. When u lose to Ohio and barely get by Robert Morris then there is a problem.

Putting Scoop and Waiters in the same sentence is tough for me. Don't see the comparability.

How teams play in the tourney is an excellent indicator of conference strength. Not sure who told u otherwise. The BE was very overrated that year. When u lose to Ohio and barely get by Robert Morris then there is a problem.

Putting Scoop and Waiters in the same sentence is tough for me. Don't see the comparability.

This board told me when we won games in the tourney in 2016 and 2018 that it's not a good judge of the season.

You also left out the fact we won AT top 10 WVU and they went to the FF that year beating the UK team in the Regional Final at the dome that had Wall, Cousins and Bledsoe...

We scored 81PPG vs 74 in 2012.

This board told me when we won games in the tourney in 2016 and 2018 that it's not a good judge of the season.

You also left out the fact we won AT top 10 WVU and they went to the FF that year beating the UK team in the Regional Final at the dome that had Wall, Cousins and Bledsoe...

We scored 81PPG vs 74 in 2012.

The 2012 SU team beat Louisville at home and on the road and they went to the Final 4.

That's true about WVU but they were clearly an outlier as most of the other BE teams crashed and burned that year. BE did much better in 2012 than they did in 2010.

Your first sentence is more of a philosophical issue and tends to involve a small sample size. Much different than evaluating eight teams from a particular conference in the NCAAT.

Stop it, Navy, URI, and Richmond were all worse than any in this tread, including Vermont.

I remember waking up the day of the Richmond game feeling nauseous about the game that night. You could feel that the team was not right, all the NCAA allegations had just come out, we had gotten bounced out of the BE tourney in the first round as the one seed, the team was out of sorts. Navy was painful, Robinson made Rony look like a middle school player. Rhode Island, all i remember is Tom Penders perm and the kid with the blind parents who scored like 8000 points against us

1995 Arkansas, 2005 Vermont and 2010 Butler are my "big 3" in terms of gut-wrenching heartbreak.

Was too young to remember Keith Smart, thankfully. And Richmond is a very vague memory for me as I was 8 and didn't really care yet.

The first tourney games that I felt emotionally invested were the 1994 season with Hawaii, Wisconsin-GB and Missouri.

I’m still in shock about Butler. That team was stacked.

Yeah it was a brutal T and JB took a lot of heat for that and rightfully so.

Off the top of my head that Iowa team's star was Ronnie Lester then they had Kenny Arnold, Kevin Boyle, Steve Krafcisin (sp?) and another big white guy named Waite (?). Blanking on the small forward but I don't think his name was Green.

Sick how I can remember that team but couldn't name three guys on an opponent from five years ago.

EDIT: the small forward was Vince Brookins and he had a big game. Louie Orr had 25 pts and 15 rebs. Lute Olson was the Iowa HC.
I was a college soph. Not sure why I was thinking Ricky Green. I just remember it was 6 pts, 8 Pts, back and forth, and then they scored, to go up 8, JB got the tech, they hit 2, got the ball, and scored again. Game over. Could be wrong, but that's my recollection.

Nice post.

The 2012 team WAS more talented and deeper, but that 2010 squad had perfect balance and chemistry. It was a perfect rotation, as you described, that got thrown out of whack when AO got injured.

GD it...
JB' s best team. Would have walked to the championship. No doubt.

I was a college soph. Not sure why I was thinking Ricky Green. I just remember it was 6 pts, 8 Pts, back and forth, and then they scored, to go up 8, JB got the tech, they hit 2, got the ball, and scored again. Game over. Could be wrong, but that's my recollection.

No you're not wrong, that's exactly what happened.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom