Pugh announces for NFL | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Pugh announces for NFL

What's the deal with Lynn. Wasn't he contemplating leaving last year? Or am I thinking about somebody else?

Name your price. You realize there are 7 rounds, right? Keon will be drafted. Always boggled my mind that this board still hasn't figured out that Keon is a really, really good CB.

Currently the 29th rated Corner for the class of 2014, per nfldraftscout.com (CBS). That's not nearly good enough to be drafted. Their scouts must be posters here.

He'd have to skyrocket up the boards as a result of the combine. Could he do that? Not so sure.

Currently the 29th rated Corner for the class of 2014, per nfldraftscout.com (CBS). That's not nearly good enough to be drafted. Their scouts must be posters here.

He'd have to skyrocket up the boards as a result of the combine. Could he do that? Not so sure.

Meh -- and some mock drafts have Nassib going 6th overall. Its all grain of salt stuff. I hope we don't find out.

How does this work? Do they get to change their mind like bball? Or does this mean he's gone?

Not positive but I don't think they can go back. At least I never hear of any that do.

Agreed Keon is not ready to be an NFL CB yet, he needs more time. If he goes now, he'll be undrafted and lucky to get signed as a UDFA and make a practice squad. The guy just is t ready right now. Keon just isn't one of the top 250-275 NFL ready football players in the NCAA. The only decision for him is to return.

As far as Jerome making a decision, it's at least plausible he could get drafted. I think he has late round potential, but his lack of athleticism and ability to break the big (aka long) runs and his lack of nose for the end zone, is very disconcerting to NFL scouts. That said, if you gotta have 3-4 yards, Jerome is your guy. That said if I were a betting man, very late round draft pick if at all, and again, just not ready.

Next year when he tears it up for 1300 plus, and another year of athleticism training, he could be a mid round pick with PTG.

All in all,they will both be back if HCDM is, and SHOULD be back even if he isn't. They have until the 15th to declare, and for their sake (and ours) I hope they come back.

Not positive but I don't think they can go back. At least I never hear of any that do.
Once they declare they have until 1/15 to pull their name, after that they are locked in and need to hire an agent. Once the agent is hired, they can no longer return to school without taking a year off of playing.

I like Keon, and he might as well get his evaluation from the NFL, but he'd be making a mistake to leave, IMO.

Congrats to Justin and the Pugh crew. Great player and good guy by all accounts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great article on Pugh over on the Scout front page (subscription required). He's a class act all the way and his decision clearly was not something that he didn't think all the angles through on. A lot of positive things to say about the staff. I really wish him the best and hope he gets drafted high and has a great NFL career - he'll be a great ambassador for the program.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom