Pugh First Rounder? | Syracusefan.com

Pugh First Rounder?

He's popping up in multiple mock drafts (McShay, Jeremiah, Rang). It wouldn't surprise me if he did get picked in the first round, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him get picked on day 2, either.

So if say Buffalo trades down and picks up Nassib or if Mortensen is right and he goes Top 10 and Pugh goes 1st round. How long has it been since we had 2 1st round picks?

If he and Nassib both go in the first, it will be the second time in SU history that two Orange players went in the first round. The first, and so far only, time was in 1998 when Donovin Darius and Tebucky Jones were selected.

This will really piss SU fans off if Nassib and Pugh were drafted in the 1st round. I can hear the b!tching and complaining now.

This will really piss SU fans off if Nassib and Pugh were drafted in the 1st round. I can hear the b!tching and complaining now.
I don't think I agree. People may debate the merits of it but I don't think the fans will be pissed. I think they will be proud of the fact that they were both 1st rounders.

I don't think I agree. People may debate the merits of it but I don't think the fans will be pissed. I think they will be proud of the fact that they were both 1st rounders.

images

did you make that yourself?

No I wish I had though, as badly drawn as it looks. I came upon it on google a long time ago by accident and thought it just looked too damn funny.

would be great to have two first round guys but i think we end up with two second round guys and one late third or fourth.

Yea I hope so. After looking at the first round I think he can sneak in.

I think he's a lock to regularly start at guard in the NFL.

Finally...while these guys do want to draft the best body for that position the blocking schemes are complex in the NFL. Many guys are too dumb to be relied on on certain teams. I think being a smart guy is what will bump Pugh up in the draft.

2 first round picks will be great for our program.

Daniel Jeremiah@MoveTheSticks
Justin Pugh (Syracuse OT) should be a 1st rd pick. His name is buzzing in personnel circles. I think he's a better version of Andy Levitre.

Forgive me if this is old, but I don't recall seeing his name on the front page of the top 32 until now. I could've sworn he was like an 84 or so shortly after the end of the season:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft

Wish him the best.

Forgive me if this is old, but I don't recall seeing his name on the front page of the top 32 until now. I could've sworn he was like an 84 or so shortly after the end of the season:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft

Wish him the best.

Not that mock drafts mean anything, but I saw one yesterday on cbssports that had Pugh as the final pick of the first round. So who knows--maybe there is a groundswell of momentum for his draft position.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom