Pugh NFL 1st rounder? | Syracusefan.com

Pugh NFL 1st rounder?

OmahaCuse

Starter
On the telecast they mentioned that Pugh was a 1st round pick. Do you think he comes back next year or leaves early for the NFL? With a new QB in the mix, sure would be nice to have most of the OLINE back next year. Thoughts?

On the telecast they mentioned that Pugh was a 1st round pick. Do you think he comes back next year or leaves early for the NFL? With a new QB in the mix, sure would be nice to have most of the OLINE back next year. Thoughts?

All I know is that he was great pulling and trap blocking against UConn. Perfect execution. Sprung Smith for a couple of nice gains off of that.

Hard to think he would come back (especially given his injury this year) if he is rated as a 1st round pick. I would love to have him back, but I couldn't fault his decision if he left.

It will be a Chandler Jones scenario. If he is going to go first 2 rounds maybe even 3rd, he'd probably leave and not risk injury just to move up a little. 1st round he's definitely gone.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

He's gone, but I doubt he's a first rounder. I think 3rd or 4th, but of course it largely depends how his combine goes.

He's dropped some subtle hints on twitter about how quickly athletes lose money, only have 1 chance, blah blah. I think he's gone.

He's been projected as one of the top linemen in the class. As long as he doesn't get injured again he's gone.

He's a first rounder. If not, the NFL doesn't know what it's doing. And the NFL knows what it's doing.

He's gone after this year.

Who steps in at tackle with Hickey next year?

Pretty safe to assume he is gone especially after the long injury I am sure he realizes time is of the essence, very short window and who can blame him

Like others have said he is gone. Think he will be a mid round pick (3 or 4). Too small to be a 1st rounder. I think he will be an excellent NFL guard. He reminds me a lot of Andy Levitre. He also played LT in college.

He's got a lot to prove. Let's see how he does when SU plays somebody not called the UCONN puppies.

Optimum Scouting has Pugh ranked as the #1 OT. They expect him to go in the first round.

The same publication has Ryan Nassib ranked as the #3 QB, expected to be drafted in the second round.

They also have Sharmarko as the 7th ranked Safety, expected to be drafted in the 5th round.

Is that site run by someone on this board?;) I think it makes way too much sense for any guy who can play in the NFL to start making money as soon as humanly possible. Those careers are fleeting as it is.

I ask Giants fans and fans of other successful franchises used to drafting at the bottom of the first round.

Would you be happy taking an under-300 pound tackle with your first pick? With a position change inside likely?

Not saying he shouldn't go, but can't see Day 1.

I can't say I blame the man at all but as a nice parting gift to the fans he could lead SU to a nice bowl.

he seems really small to be a tackle in the NFL. Def his future should be as a guard. Love to see the Patriots go get themselves another guard b/c they need one.

I ask Giants fans and fans of other successful franchises used to drafting at the bottom of the first round.

Would you be happy taking an under-300 pound tackle with your first pick? With a position change inside likely?

Not saying he shouldn't go, but can't see Day 1.
not on your life.

if you are drafting in the 20s+ you cant afford to waste a 1st rounder on a guy who may not really see the field for a couple of years.

maybe as one of those supplemental 3rds or a 4th.

He's a first rounder. If not, the NFL doesn't know what it's doing. And the NFL knows what it's doing.

He's gone after this year.

Who steps in at tackle with Hickey next year?

Now that is a good question... Anybody?

Pugh would be a nice get for the Jets if they could move him inside to replace Slauson. Then again, any day now Vlad Ducasse is supposed to turn into Mike Munchak.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom