Purdue Students wearing "FBI" Shirts | Syracusefan.com

Purdue Students wearing "FBI" Shirts

Townie72

All American
I particularly liked the t-shirts worn by the Purdue students emblazoned with "FBI".

LOOK: Purdue student section subtly trolls Louisville with 'FBI' shirts

Seems to me that embarrassing these schools and their fans on TV is a very good way to have them understand there are consequences to their actions. Maybe, just maybe, their own fans will exert enough pressure on these programs to inhibit this sort of stuff. The programs can withstand some bad press and maybe even a little light working-over from the NCAA. But the FBI shirts strike at the the pride of the program.

Oh, I get that we might have seen some "YMCA" shirts. It would sting. But it would also dis-incent the boosters from doing this kind of thing.

When Iverson was at Georgetown, Villanova students wore prison orange shirts to a game. John Thompson, Jr. was "horrified" by it. But everybody got the message.

I particularly liked the t-shirts worn by the Purdue students emblazoned with "FBI".

LOOK: Purdue student section subtly trolls Louisville with 'FBI' shirts

Seems to me that embarrassing these schools and their fans on TV is a very good way to have them understand there are consequences to their actions. Maybe, just maybe, their own fans will exert enough pressure on these programs to inhibit this sort of stuff. The programs can withstand some bad press and maybe even a little light working-over from the NCAA. But the FBI shirts strike at the the pride of the program.

Oh, I get that we might have seen some "YMCA" shirts. It would sting. But it would also dis-incent the boosters from doing this kind of thing.

When Iverson was at Georgetown, Villanova students wore prison orange shirts to a game. John Thompson, Jr. was "horrified" by it. But everybody got the message.

Lol no it won't. What happened with the schools involved with the FBI will always happen. People involved will just be more careful with it. Opposing fans wearing FBI shirts isn't going to stop Joe Donor from fronting 100k to a kids family because "the school might get embarrassed"

How dumb am I? I thought it was someone’s initials. Yes, I’m a dolt.