Put JB's words in his own mouth | Syracusefan.com

Put JB's words in his own mouth

20Plus

I told him tonight he had a talented team and he disagreed with me?

I wanted to say well, the only reason I use the word talented because that's what you and all your coaches said.

Furthermore, earlier in the show he said St. John's was a talented team?

So I questioned (God for bid) on it and said if St. John's is a talented team then how can that be when we would not even consider to recruit those players.

Sorry you can't have it both ways.

Go ahead tell me I'm wrong I'm ready .

I wish I was playing golf right now.
God for bid he says they're a talented team and he has to figure it out. Come on hold responsibility.

But no inside his ego gets in the way. He wants to make it sound like they're not that talented, give me a freaking break!

Or at least give me some other rationalization that isn't so harsh on the beloved coach.

(as posted in SWC75's thread) JB seemed to addressing two types of talent: potential (talent on paper or in practices) vs winning talent (actually using the talent collectively to win games)

Then if that's the case then so was I.

Then no need to correct my poin. He spin his argument to always be right.

Also I've had conversations with him the past that he told me specifically there's no such thing as potential l!

you either do it or you don't there's no such thing as potential!

I'm waiting.

I wanted to say well, the only reason I use the word talented because that's what you and all your coaches said.

So I questioned (God for bid) on it and said if St. John's is a talented team then how can that be when we would not even consider to recruit those players.

I just wish he would stop doing this. How can you expect players to get better, when you tell them they're no good?

I mean, really. Just retire already.

God for bid he says they're a talented team and he has to figure it out. Come on hold responsibility.

But no inside his ego gets in the way. He wants to make it sound like they're not that talented, give me a freaking break!

Or at least give me some other rationalization that isn't so harsh on the beloved coach.

They aren't talented, there is a reason they were 5-7 going into last nights game, it just goes to show just how bad we are.

I just wish he would stop doing this. How can you expect players to get better, when you tell them they're no good?

I mean, really. Just retire already.
Another true hot point it's indefensible

Seems that you don't like how JB is characterizing talent :noidea:
sort of a semantics thing going on

I'm not getting what's scandalous -
per SWC75's transcript, JB made it pretty clear that, yes, he believed we had alot of talent assembled heading into the season - but that the talent isn't showing through in enough of the games so far - so therefor it's hard to call our team talented right now.
I'm not sure I agree with that concept of "talent" but I certainly see his point, and I don't think he's wrong

Because he said talent! And then corrected my use of the word talent.

It is the same word.

He's allowed to use it how he wants but I'm not that's the point. And if were not talented?

Why are we not talented he's responsible. How was Saint johns talented when we don't even want those players?

This is not a complicated argument don't make it one!

Or, you can have players who seem talented playing against air (or their own teammates in summer pick-up), but not so much when playing against mid-level teams. And which is more valid?

He took out his frustrations on you by making a distinction that doesn't exist. That was unfair to you. He didn't even let you get to your actual question. Instead, it was a debate over the premise, which, as you point out, he had a role in creating.

If he hadn't interrupted you, what were you going to ask?

He took out his frustrations on you by making a distinction that doesn't exist. That was unfair to you. He didn't even let you get to your actual question. Instead, it was a debate over the premise, which, as you point out, he had a role in creating.

If he hadn't interrupted you, what were you going to ask?
Yeah, there are plenty of coaches out there who would be pleasant to questions of judgement in the midst of their team struggling. How many coaches around the country even field live questions from fans?

I'm not getting what's scandalous -
per SWC75's transcript, JB made it pretty clear that, yes, he believed we had alot of talent assembled heading into the season - but that the talent isn't showing through in enough of the games so far - so therefor it's hard to call our team talented right now.
I'm not sure I agree with that concept of "talent" but I certainly see his point, and I don't think he's wrong
Does he not get the blame ever? Or does he only get the credit when we have a fluke 4 game run in March. Good deal for old Jimmy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom