Puzzle pieces | Syracusefan.com

Puzzle pieces

orangepassion

Nunzio Prophet
What made this past year so frustrating (besides obviously the losses) was that we had some nice pieces-they just didn't fit together at all. It was easy to see this prior to the season. We had 3 elite shooters in Buddy, Girard, and Swider, but no one athletic enough to penetrate and consistently get them open shots. No real starting point guard to handle the ball against pressure (I think Symir struggled with it as well in his limited minutes most of the year). No one particularly or athletic inside.
If Cole comes back, I believe next year should be a different story.
  • 2 elite shooters-Girard, Swider
  • 3 good to very good athletes-Jesse, Benny, Judah
  • 2 good ball handlers handling the ball allowing Joe G. to do what he does best.
  • A solid bench
I think with Cole the pieces fit together beautifully and we're a Tournament team. Really good teams either have a bunch of elite talent and/or fit together well as a team. I believe Benny is the X factor for how good we will be. If he can play consistently like he did in the Duke game, we can be very good.

If Cole returns, we absolutely need to get Owens' scholarship back. Must get another center for next season. Preferably one that can even push Jesse, or slot in as a starter, if he re-fractures his wrist.
Billy Owens can't pay for his kid's college education?

If Cole returns, we absolutely need to get Owens' scholarship back. Must get another center for next season. Preferably one that can even push Jesse, or slot in as a starter, if he re-fractures his wrist.
Billy Owens can't pay for his kid's college education?
The question is how good a guy can you get when he knows he’s coming in to be a backup

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom