Q+A: Eric Devendorf | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Q+A: Eric Devendorf

I know what you are saying, but I just look at it differently. To me guys that are tough and have heart are guys that never give in on either end of the floor. Guys like Garnett, or Thomas Robinson from KU at a lower level. Etan and Jason Hart are two good SU examples. Devo wasn't afraid to take big shots - I'll give him that, but his lack of defensive effort always bothered me. I guess we can agree to disagree on this one.

I don't think we have to agree to disagree on this one because I think what I like most about Devo was his toughness in comparison to normal SU player. Let's face it, emotion and being jacked aren't necessarily traits that anyone would ever really associate with SU players.

I think you'd probably agree with that wouldnt you?

44cusr

JB put his own ass on the line for ED, at a time when nearly everyone else just wanted him gone - and with good reason. Boeheim's loyalty is one of his greatest qualities - and yet, there were people on this board who wanted him fired for showing the same loyalty when Bernie came under fire.

I really liked ED and miss the guy. He had a special "it" quality that we don't always see on an SU squad, as well as that toughness and the ability to work on opponents' minds rather than just facing them on the court, as others have mentioned.

Sure he had some issues and a lot of folks may not like him for various reasons, but it was nice to see how well he spoke of Coach Boeheim and the Syracuse program. I'd like to think some high school player reading that article may be a little more attracted to Syracuse because of ED's kind words about his experience there, and his feelings about the type of man JB is.

i once saw him throw a chair 50 ft, hit a kid in the back of the head, knocking him out cold at chucks.

but he was incredibly soft spoken about the incident.

If he could throw an odd shaped object that distance with that kind of accuracy, maybe he could have also played quarterback?

If he could throw an odd shaped object that distance with that kind of accuracy, maybe he could have also played quarterback?

Couldn't be worse than Paulus..

i once saw him throw a chair 50 ft, hit a kid in the back of the head, knocking him out cold at chucks.

but he was incredibly soft spoken about the incident.

I was there for that.

images

Where does Slam find the sycophants who conduct these interviews? Yikes; that was a slobberfest. Would be more fun to skip the middleman and let Devendorf write 800 words about his experience in Turkey and the D-League.

Haha, the interview seemed so awkward. Like they would just rattle off his stats and then ask a question. This was my favorite question

SLAM: On your junior year, you averaged close to 16 ppg and was considered one of the top players in college ball. Despite having another year of eligibility, you opted to go to the NBA. What were some of the deciding factors to leave school early?

Haha, the interview seemed so awkward. Like they would just rattle off his stats and then ask a question. This was my favorite question

SLAM: On your junior year, you averaged close to 16 ppg and was considered one of the top players in college ball. Despite having another year of eligibility, you opted to go to the NBA. What were some of the deciding factors to leave school early?

Not sure what's best, the improper use of "was," the absolutely false claim, or the fact that both of these things got published as ostensibly impartial and edited journalism.

I really liked ED and miss the guy. He had a special "it" quality that we don't always see on an SU squad, as well as that toughness and the ability to work on opponents' minds rather than just facing them on the court, as others have mentioned.

Sure he had some issues and a lot of folks may not like him for various reasons, but it was nice to see how well he spoke of Coach Boeheim and the Syracuse program. I'd like to think some high school player reading that article may be a little more attracted to Syracuse because of ED's kind words about his experience there, and his feelings about the type of man JB is.