Q+A: Scoop Jardine | Syracusefan.com

Q+A: Scoop Jardine

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
20120426_pjc_bb4_286.jpg

Could Scoop wear a uni like the one above someday?

Q+A: Scoop Jardine

Why would you want to see Scoop in a tank top and Daisy Duke shorts???

What a great interview.

Rooting for this kid to make it. He's going to have a lucrative career playing professional hoops [whether the NBA is in the cards or not], and I wouldn't be remotely surprised to see him announcing sometime down the road when his playing career is over.

Typical Scoop interview. He has an amazing instinct for saying the right thing -- such as the way he handled the Bernie Fine questions. As RF2044 says above, I would not be surprised to see him as a broadcaster. He is so much more articulate than so many of those former players you see on the air. And so much more likable.

Scoop has the potential to be a great undrafted signing steal for a team. Based on some past academic literature, I built scores for players as an estimate of productivity in the NBA based on college stats, mainly to support my hypothesis that Wroten and Teague were vastly overrated. Unsurprisingly Marshall is the top PG prospect, but Scoop would be the second. The order of PGs typical consider to be drafted, the list would go

Marshall
Scoop
Wroten
Wayns
Machado
Teague
Lilliard

Since Scoop is underrated and not projected to be drafted, he has a great deal of value for a low cost.

On the other hand, the same model projected Rick Jackson to be one of the most productive players in last years draft (a model by a Wages of Wins author projected Jackson as the 10th best player in last years draft too though).

What a great interview.

Rooting for this kid to make it. He's going to have a lucrative career playing professional hoops [whether the NBA is in the cards or not], and I wouldn't be remotely surprised to see him announcing sometime down the road when his playing career is over.

I agree, I could really see him being a bb announcer. But I can definitly see him coaching too. We were very fortunate to have such a great kid representing the Cuse the way that he did.

Typical Scoop interview. He has an amazing instinct for saying the right thing -- such as the way he handled the Bernie Fine questions. As RF2044 says above, I would not be surprised to see him as a broadcaster. He is so much more articulate than so many of those former players you see on the air. And so much more likable.
I agree, I could really see him being a bb announcer. But I can definitly see him coaching too. We were very fortunate to have such a great kid representing the Cuse the way that he did.

Plus, he's got a great name for a basketball announcer!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom