Class of 2021 - QB Christian Veilleux (Canada/MD) Portal from Pitt to Georgia St | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 QB Christian Veilleux (Canada/MD) Portal from Pitt to Georgia St

I think this is about the best you can hope for in a backup portal QB - but also the best we should hope for.

Veilleux has two years of eligibility left - one season to backup McCord, and then maybe one season to be the starter if he can hold off the younger guys. This shouldn’t cause rising sophomores or incoming freshman to want to enter the portal.

He is a QB with all the tools, size, and some P5 starting experience - but one who has some blemishes and is a bit of a reclamation project.

He would be a perfect add to the QB room to me.

I think this is about the best you can hope for in a backup portal QB - but also the best we should hope for.

Veilleux has two years of eligibility left - one season to backup McCord, and then maybe one season to be the starter if he can hold off the younger guys. This shouldn’t cause rising sophomores or incoming freshman to want to enter the portal.

He is a QB with all the tools, size, and some P5 starting experience - but one who has some blemishes and is a bit of a reclamation project.

He would be a perfect add to the QB room to me.
Agree with this

He's got to be looking for a starting opportunity somewhere...right?

He's got to be looking for a starting opportunity somewhere...right?
But what starting opportunities are out there still at this point? Maybe if an injury happened or something or who a team brought in they are unsure of and want someone else to compete with them?

Maybe Veilleux is a little better than I thought. I think Pitt was just a train wreck last year for whatever reason. I mean Phil Jurkovic wasn't very good there either. He started the season as the starter and obviously got more reps.

Jurkovec Stats
Phil Jurkovec 2023 Stats per Game - NCAAF - ESPN

Veilleux stats
Christian Veilleux 2023 Stats per Game - NCAAF - ESPN

I guess you worry about this year now. He gives us another option this year that may be better than what we have. If he turns out good maybe he can compete for 2025 starter. If not we bring in a starter in. We should be able to attract a decent QB next year with the weapons we are accumulating and we should be coming off a very nice season.

Yeah I think DT would be ideal
DJ I know you are over there on the other board and likely saw this. Reading about the premiums being paid for DT's from the many schools looking has me concerned we wont grab someone for Fall. Seems likely someone from the OL is cross trained or moved?

Pitt was a disaster offensively last year. Kid had a good game against Wake that I watched. Honestly feel this is the best staff can do, not a knock on them just a difficult spot to recruit. We have an entrenched starter which is good but makes it hard to find a backup in this environment.

The guy has talent and experience. We could do worse.

Might position us to better recruit Canada, which is important to me.

Hopefully he chooses us.
Bellamy says "come on down" (j/k, I think Veilleux would be perfect).

But what starting opportunities are out there still at this point? Maybe if an injury happened or something or who a team brought in they are unsure of and want someone else to compete with them?

Maybe Veilleux is a little better than I thought. I think Pitt was just a train wreck last year for whatever reason. I mean Phil Jurkovic wasn't very good there either. He started the season as the starter and obviously got more reps.

Jurkovec Stats
Phil Jurkovec 2023 Stats per Game - NCAAF - ESPN

Veilleux stats
Christian Veilleux 2023 Stats per Game - NCAAF - ESPN

I guess you worry about this year now. He gives us another option this year that may be better than what we have. If he turns out good maybe he can compete for 2025 starter. If not we bring in a starter in. We should be able to attract a decent QB next year with the weapons we are accumulating and we should be coming off a very nice season.
No doubt, I would love to have him. I was just thinking from his vantage point of having no chance to compete for a starting job. I agree that at this point it would be hard to find a place where he would have a that opportunity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom