Class of 2021 - QB Christian Veilleux (Canada/MD) Portal from Pitt to Georgia St | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 QB Christian Veilleux (Canada/MD) Portal from Pitt to Georgia St

Why?

6 should be enough.

Wilson, - 6/5 300 Sr.
EFC, - 6/4 280 Jr
Ingraham, - 6/4 300 Sr
Perry, - 6/3 280 So
Nwokocha, - 6/5 290 Jr
Watson, - 6/3 285 Fr

Hastings and Jobity are bigger ends that could slide inside.
Totally agree. I can't remember when we've had a larger DT room. RB, with all the defections, is the clearest need at this point

Because i think ya'll underrate him.

Edit: and overrate this guy. He was bad last year. Had 1 good game... and they lost that game.
Yeah call me crazy honestly but I'd rather have Carlos as well. If both of them would stay here though that's a different story.

Because i think ya'll underrate him.

Edit: and overrate this guy. He was bad last year. Had 1 good game... and they lost that game.
How the people here rate the two QBs is less important than how the staff rates them. This OV proves the staff agrees with the board that CDRW isn’t the answer. But that CV could be, which means they (not the board) rate him higher.

Totally agree. I can't remember when we've had a larger DT room. RB, with all the defections, is the clearest need at this point
I think the PWO’s are meant to fill the number gap. Practice legs. I think in a break glass scenario Pena or Malachi James for example, or could pull someone in the db group.

same at DT, if things go south depth wise, there are some big bodies down the depth chart that could help.

DJ I know you are over there on the other board and likely saw this. Reading about the premiums being paid for DT's from the many schools looking has me concerned we wont grab someone for Fall. Seems likely someone from the OL is cross trained or moved?
I don’t disagree with you, DT is at a premium, so let’s see if Fran is able to pull something off, even with the NIL limitations

Last edited:
One more RB and that will most likely be it. If they add a QB so be it, but this kid is another high level recruit who has vastly underperformed. He hasn't been very good at all either

Last edited:
I know the coaches don’t think this way; but this would be fun just to get under Narduzzi’s skin. I know it is only in my mind.

One more RB and that will most likely be it. If they add a QB so be it, but this kid is another high level recruit who has vastly underperformed. He hasn't been very good at all either

To me it depends what they do with Davis. If he's sticking around, is he staying at QB?

Would be good to have 4 on the roster.

You're right, this guy has vastly underperformed, but if Fran hosted him, he must see some in case of emergency break glass potential.

And yes, it would also be good to have at least 4 RBs on the roster.

I know the coaches don’t think this way; but this would be fun just to get under Narduzzi’s skin. I know it is only in my mind.
1714574110266.gif

Tough to judge him based off of just last year, Pitt was a disaster top to bottom. I don’t think he’s great but I do think he’s better than CDRW. Hoping we can bring him in.

What is our scholarship count?

Do you bring someone in if you have to let someone go to free up a scholarship? Keep in mind the portal is closed and anyone let at this stage will be our for a year because they won’t be able to enter the portal until December.

Is that the type of program we want to be?

And IF we have an open scholarship for 2024, is this the best way to use it?

Some say there’s a running back coming. IF true, what does that do to our scholarship count?

What is our scholarship count?

Do you bring someone in if you have to let someone go to free up a scholarship? Keep in mind the portal is closed and anyone let at this stage will be our for a year because they won’t be able to enter the portal until December.

Is that the type of program we want to be?

And IF we have an open scholarship for 2024, is this the best way to use it?

Some say there’s a running back coming. IF true, what does that do to our scholarship count?

According to OX's thread, there's room for one more. Depending on the Donovan Brown situation, that could open up another. As has been stated in other threads, with Fran being a first year HC he apparently has the power to create room on the roster by telling a kid that he doesn't see a future for him playing ball at SU.

I'd rather have Christian than CDRW in an emergency. I'd be shocked if the numbers don't work out. Obviously having to pick between a running back and a backup pro style QB are much different issues. I hope we dont have to.

To me it depends what they do with Davis. If he's sticking around, is he staying at QB?

Would be good to have 4 on the roster.

You're right, this guy has vastly underperformed, but if Fran hosted him, he must see some in case of emergency break glass potential.

And yes, it would also be good to have at least 4 RBs on the roster.
Davis is another one where I feel like some people are hanging on to this “former 4 star” HS background as if something is going to happen with him. He looks completely uncomfortable behind center, has an odd throwing motion and doesn’t appear to have much feel for the pocket or what is evolving around him. I honestly feel the game is too fast for him at this level as a QB.

Davis is another one where I feel like some people are hanging on to this “former 4 star” HS background as if something is going to happen with him. He looks completely uncomfortable behind center, has an odd throwing motion and doesn’t appear to have much feel for the pocket or what is evolving around him. I honestly feel the game is too fast for him at this level as a QB.
I'd be surprised if many people are still holding out hope for Davis.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom