Class of 2021 - QB Christian Veilleux (Canada/MD) Portal from Pitt to Georgia St | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 QB Christian Veilleux (Canada/MD) Portal from Pitt to Georgia St

I'd be surprised if many people are still holding out hope for Davis.
It doesn't seem like the staff is holding out hope. Davis played some at WR in the spring game. FB mentioned in the PC that he was a good athlete who might be able to contribute at a different position.

Regardless, the CV visit is about attempting to upgrade QB2. As steve deberg mentioned, CV seems like a perfect fit for that role given his P5 experience and skill set. And...he obviously was willing to visit with the clear knowledge that he would be competing for QB2.

He is better than CDRW, and that is what we need. QBR last season:

CV 40.1
CDRW 9.2

9.2 CANNOT be one injury away from starting

And his 1000 yards passing last season is better than all of our backups career numbers combined. It’s silly this is even being debated.

This probably makes sense for him. Probably better to go somewhere and start even if its GA State. Then if he plays well he can transfer elsewhere next season.

Otherwise he is just hoping for an opportunity this season via injury.

Lol he really wants to battle and prove himself doesn't he?

Yeah... backup qb is a tough sell. There are so many lowly schools that could use even a bad starter.

This probably makes sense for him. Probably better to go somewhere and start even if its GA State. Then if he plays well he can transfer elsewhere next season.

That's GA State? I seriously couldn't tell. Makes sense if he wants to start.

Georgia St in Atlanta. My son went there. They play in the old Fulton County stadium where the Braves used to play.
I went to grad school there. Smack dab in the middle of downtown Atlanta. GA State's stadium was first built for the 96 Olympics, then the Braves, then GA State after the Braves moved to the burbs.
Big enrollment, 35k but a lot of commuters.

I went to grad school there. Smack dab in the middle of downtown Atlanta. GA State's stadium was first built for the 96 Olympics, then the Braves, then GA State after the Braves moved to the burbs.

Didn't realize Georgia State and Georgia Tech's stadiums are less than 3 miles apart.

But if fans don't want to travel that far, they could play neutral at Mercedes-Benz which is about 1.5 miles from each.

Didn't realize Georgia State and Georgia Tech's stadiums are less than 3 miles apart.

But if fans don't want to travel that far, they could play neutral at Mercedes-Benz which is about 1.5 miles from each.
They should walk to the stadium and have a stare off before going into their respective locker rooms. Braveheart style!

But their version of the Varsity is terrible. Except for the Orange drink and the Onion rings.

No direct link to us so I didn't think this merited it's own thread. But Rutgers QB from last year lost his job and is hitting the portal...

Really lets just hope we have a back QB who can handoff and throw a decent looking ball. maybe the FR is the best hope but the better the oline is the better CDRW or DVDRW or who ever can up his game.

couldn’t we make a compelling case that he was 95% guaranteed to play just based on our recent history?

IIRC when they removed seats to convert the stadium to a baseball stadium some local high school(s) were the beneficiaries of those seats. I loved going to that park. Walking in and looking out over the field from centerfield was a great view. Plus, my buddy did the stadium pregame for WSB radio and he once did a Skip Caray impression contest just because he knew that I could do a pretty good one.

A good friend of mine is an orchestra professor at GSU. To answer your inevitable question OttoinGrotto , not too shabby.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom