Class of 2020 - QB Eric Williams (FL) Offered | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 QB Eric Williams (FL) Offered

So what is the latest with him? Does he still have a committable offer?

Or is this thread just spinning our wheels.

So what is the latest with him? Does he still have a committable offer?

Or is this thread just spinning our wheels.
I agree with CuseLegacy. Our new OC is likely in the middle of evaluating the QBs we are involved with, and comparing them to other QBs still available. It might be a few days before he makes his move. At this point, any offers made are probably irrelevant.

Gilbert has been an OC with pocket passers like the Fat Pirate and uber mobile guys like Quinton Flowers. Who we go after might give us a lot of insight into what he values the most in a QB.

I'm going to guess there's no Mattox this season, but he'll be on staff in a year or two.

Tommy has the legs to be a dual threat QB! He's run read options and QB draws for good yardage, but his yardage numbers are skewed by all the sacks.

It seems like everyone is confusing the dual-threat guy with the "one read and take off guy" for some reason. But those guys almost always get hurt, and it's tough for guys like that to succeed against disciplined defenses (unless they're at a top 5 program).

TD is a good athlete and you're absolutely right about the sacks skewing his numbers but that said he is very good a straight running but has little elusive ability in the pocket and running from what I saw last season. That said, he'll do the things needed to be successful and his arm is his strength, which is a very good asset to have.

Regarding Williams, I see a lot of people talk about his "funky" mechanics but seem to like his speed so one thing I would look at about him is how cerebral he is and is he coachable to be able to fix those kinks in his armor, so to speak.
Plus as Bnoro just said, my question is he a 1, 2 or 3 read then take off or take off the second there is a sign of trouble. That to me is what makes or breaks a lot of QB's, that knowledge of when to stay in the pocket, when to slide the feet and when to take off.

Does anyone have an update on Williams and SU?

Is he visiting?
I'm still confused as to whether he was truly offered by us or not. I just want to know what the kids 40 is and if we truly offered him a scholarship and to piggy back off your post, if he’s visiting us?

We seem to be keeping recruiting very quiet. I think it’s intentional.

You've been told more than once not to discuss current players on the recruiting forum. If you want to have a discussion about DeVito and don't want your posts deleted again take it to the football forum.

Last edited:
I'm still confused as to whether he was truly offered by us or not. I just want to know what the kids 40 is and if we truly offered him a scholarship and to piggy back off your post, if he’s visiting us?
Just because a kid gets a verbal offer from the staff it doesn't mean it's a viable offer. Doesn't mean they will continue recruiting him. Doesn't mean he will be invited to campus for a visit. Whether or not he gets an invitation to visit I don't know. That's going to depend on the new OC/QB coach.

Just because a kid gets a verbal offer from the staff it doesn't mean it's a viable offer. Doesn't mean they will continue recruiting him. Doesn't mean he will be invited to campus for a visit. Whether or not he gets an invitation to visit I don't know. That's going to depend on the new OC/QB coach.
Then what in the heck good is a verbal offer from the coaches if it means nothing.

Yes he was offered and he is waiting to get his scores and then he will commit.

Eric Williams and Ron.jpg Eric Willilams and myself following church service today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom