Class of 2024 - QB Jakhari Williams (GA) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (6/25/23) | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 QB Jakhari Williams (GA) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (6/25/23)

I'm a little concerned about his mechanics and how well they translate to P5 FBS football, but that's every dual threat guy we've brought in since Dungey
Shouldnt that be fixed immediatly upon arrival.

Changing someone's throwing motion could completely break them as a QB. You'd need him to unlearn years and years of instinct and bad habits.
Different sport but we are seeing it happen with JJ Starling right now. These dudes are elite athletes doing their thing one way and trying to change their foundation can hurt their career as much as it can help it.

I'm a little concerned about his mechanics and how well they translate to P5 FBS football, but that's every dual threat guy we've brought in since Dungey
His mechanics are decent enough. Not a concern of mine.

The biggest hurdle every one of these kids has is mental processing. Especially when they are used to being the best athlete on the field.

His mechanics are decent enough. Not a concern of mine.

The biggest hurdle every one of these kids has is mental processing. Especially when they are used to being the best athlete on the field.

Finding and executing a way to deal with failure is the way from being a good QB to great.

Will it be a Lamborghini instead of a Ferrari?

Hoping that he stays committed and will be our starter in a couple of years following an incoming transfer (or two).
Koenigsegg

Any idea why 247's prediction machine has Jakhari down to 1.3% to stick with Cuse? Are they assuming he won't fit the pro style system now? Something else?