Class of 2024 - QB Jakhari Williams (GA) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (6/25/23) | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 QB Jakhari Williams (GA) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (6/25/23)

This kid is bound to be a star in 2025… this is great scenario with McCord this year and then have him take over in ‘25.
He looked great in person last season.
Unless they bring in a great senior transfer for 2025, he should be at the top of the 2025 QB list.
Let's bring in some great candidates for 2027, etc...
Competition helps, and we know that injuries will pop up.

He looked great in person last season.
Unless they bring in a great senior transfer for 2025, he should be at the top of the 2025 QB list.
Let's bring in some great candidates for 2027, etc...
Competition helps, and we know that injuries will pop up.
I am really high on the QB out of Texas, Luke Carney. Unbelievable numbers from this past year. Has a strong and can make all the throws. Just had a visit here and hope we get a commitment soon.

Jakhari not making it up for the spring has given CDRW (if healthy) and Davis a chance to show Coach Fran + staff what they have. JW is gong to have a lot of catching up to do but looks like he's willing to put the work in so hopefully he'll be ready to handle snaps early as possible if the other two or a new transfer isn't.

If the team does their job like we think, there may be some snaps available for QB2 early. Curious if redshirting is even going to be a thing for JW and definitely not if QB2.

I want McCord out of the game ASAP...in a good way. Don't play the stats game, win and if winning by a large/safe margin sub. Keep McCord healthy the NFL will see what he has without gaudy numbers for example, McCarthy from UM.

Jakhari not making it up for the spring has given CDRW (if healthy) and Davis a chance to show Coach Fran + staff what they have. JW is gong to have a lot of catching up to do but looks like he's willing to put the work in so hopefully he'll be ready to handle snaps early as possible if the other two or a new transfer isn't.

If the team does their job like we think, there may be some snaps available for QB2 early. Curious if redshirting is even going to be a thing for JW and definitely not if QB2.

I want McCord out of the game ASAP...in a good way. Don't play the stats game, win and if winning by a large/safe margin sub. Keep McCord healthy the NFL will see what he has without gaudy numbers for example, McCarthy from UM.
I imagine, if we have a comfortable lead, we may not see whichever QB is in that game throw a pass. HCFB seems like the type that will choose to run the other team into submission until the clocks hit zero.

Why not have McCord throw for 300 yards and 4tds by the middle of the third quarter, then sub in the backups for some experience?

I think you're being conservative in your estimation of the absolute dominance we can expect.

I'm kidding, mostly