Class of 2022 - QB Jalen Daniels (CA) Committed to South Carolina | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 QB Jalen Daniels (CA) Committed to South Carolina

I don’t want to read into tweets about a HS kid, but that seems bad. It seems like Daniels and Co. are unsatisfied and pulling back.
Or Dad is trying to get the kid other offers. Also we don't know if the staff has backed off due to the new incoming OC and QB Coach.

Or Dad is trying to get the kid other offers. Also we don't know if the staff has backed off due to the new incoming OC and QB Coach.
Any of those might be the case. I’ll note, however, that there aren’t a lot of solid QBs left that will qualify. I’d be surprised if WE backed off.

I don’t want to read into tweets about a HS kid, but that seems bad. It seems like Daniels and Co. are unsatisfied and pulling back.
Well he was never offered and hasn’t been offered by any of those schools so that may have something to do with it.

I really like the kid but there must be something going on.

They aren’t backing off, I am pretty sure we are in a holding pattern until we get the new guys officially in place.

Any of those might be the case. I’ll note, however, that there aren’t a lot of solid QBs left that will qualify. I’d be surprised if WE backed off.
If he was a take, he would have OV'd and committed.

His Dad needs to learn that in today's world, committing to Syracuse would likely *help* his kid get other P5 offers.

Yeah I think Syracuse has to be in a holding pattern on ALL offense side of the ball recruits and I am perfectly fine with that with the new staff joining Dino.

Yeah I think Syracuse has to be in a holding pattern on ALL offense side of the ball recruits and I am perfectly fine with that with the new staff joining Dino.
Not sure Daniels has the athletic ability that our new coaches want in our QB recruits. I will speculate that we look elsewhere for the QBs we take. And yes, that means I expect us to take a couple.

We don't need another high school QB, after we brought in the transfer from the portal.
Villari is a better prospect, as strong an arm as Daniels and much more mobile. I liked Daniels but the lack of offers anywhere is kind of telling. Seriously wonder if we were looking at him as a PWO.

Following his father's twitter I got the feeling that Dad was looking for somewhere else for his son to play. Also remember that Babers went out there and met the kid in person. That's a big part of the recruitment, that in person evaluation.

Villari is a better prospect, as strong an arm as Daniels and much more mobile. I liked Daniels but the lack of offers anywhere is kind of telling. Seriously wonder if we were looking at him as a PWO.

Hard to say. It could have been a situation where they liked Daniels's raw materials, and he was the best option we had available to us at the HS level, after some misses with other prospects.

It's also possible that he wasn't a good fit for what the new OC / QB coaches were looking for, causing us to back off.

Following his father's twitter I got the feeling that Dad was looking for somewhere else for his son to play. Also remember that Babers went out there and met the kid in person. That's a big part of the recruitment, that in person evaluation.

California kid, so it makes sense that the parents would prefer for him to be a little closer to home. He also may have been looking for PAC-12 type of offers [I seem to recall that Oregon State coaches at one point thought he was committed to SU, and then may have started to kick the tires when they discovered that wasn't the case].

But in any event, Vallari is better than any HS prospect we could have landed -- I assume he took Daniels's spot, if there ever was one.

By all accounts out here, he’s a great kid. Super happy for him, believe he’s a PWO.
I had a feeling it was a PWO. Hope it works out for him. I liked his film but I suspect he wasn’t mobile enough for what the staff wanted moving forward.

I see this kid entered the portal today, any chance we still have an interest in him?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom