Class of 2014 - QB John O'Korn (FL) to Michigan | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 QB John O'Korn (FL) to Michigan

B9GIjnlCEAA12ZR.jpg:large

Well that was fast. Ha. And honestly, it's exactly what I expected once I saw he was following about 5 Michigan coaches on Twitter.

Yes but if they weren't going to recruit a QB this class until Hunt went down why do you think they would recruit another one now with Dungey and the JUCO Mahoney on board. I don't think it happens.
Could be the calculation between having to expend typical recruiting time&effort versus a special situation where someone "falls into your lap".

I knew when he tweeted that #GB a few weeks ago and then deleted the tweet.

And yes - I chose to write something up: http://.com/john-okorn-chooses-michigan/

And as far as O'Connor, I'm not sure how serious those discussions ever were to begin with to be honest.

Good call by Okorn. He gets to be coached by one of the best. Happy for him we will be fine

Makes me wonder if Harbaugh told him to hold off until after NSD so that he wouldn't scare off any QB recruits.

Probably not, Malzone was an early enrollee last month and Gentry was coming no matter what.

Probably not, Malzone was an early enrollee last month and Gentry was coming no matter what.

Gentry was coming no matter what? O'Korn will have 2, maybe 3 years of eligibility left. O'Korn will start once after he sits out.

Gentry is going to accept being a backup just like that? I'm highly doubtful of that... seems screwed up and shady. Had he announced two weeks ago, I think Gentry would've been heavily pursued by other schools and LISTENED.

Rocco said:
Gentry was coming no matter what? O'Korn will have 2, maybe 3 years of eligibility left. O'Korn will start once after he sits out. Gentry is going to accept being a backup just like that? I'm highly doubtful of that... seems screwed up and shady. Had he announced two weeks ago, I think Gentry would've been heavily pursued by other schools and LISTENED.

Exactly. O'Korn's not transferring to sit.

I find it hard to believe that it was a coincidence that he announced the day after signing day.

Gentry was coming no matter what? O'Korn will have 2, maybe 3 years of eligibility left. O'Korn will start once after he sits out.

Gentry is going to accept being a backup just like that? I'm highly doubtful of that... seems screwed up and shady. Had he announced two weeks ago, I think Gentry would've been heavily pursued by other schools and LISTENED.

Since when is Gentry being relegated to being a backup because O'Korn is there? O'Korn has to sit out a year and will be down 1 year and competing against 4 other QBs, including Gentry. Gentry's worry should be about beating out Malzone, Speight, and Morris - O'Korn is the least of his problems.

I find it hard to believe that it was a coincidence that he announced the day after signing day.

He waited so he wouldn't discourage another QB from also committing?

He's going to start after he sits out? You already know that? Against a QB that has already been starting for the team or one of the other 3 that has already been in the program playing for a year (none of them are seniors)?

Again, I think it's a pretty big leap to say that O'Korn didn't announce until today so that he wouldn't scare off another QB to compete against.

And do you really think Harbaugh told O'Korn "hey, can you not commit til after NSD so we can make sure we also get Gentry?" And that O'Korn would just say ok to this and commit anyway?

He's going to start after he sits out? You already know that? Against a QB that has already been starting for the team or one of the other 3 that has already been in the program playing for a year (none of them are seniors)?

Again, I think it's a pretty big leap to say that O'Korn didn't announce until today so that he wouldn't scare off another QB to compete against.

Since when is Gentry being relegated to being a backup because O'Korn is there? O'Korn has to sit out a year and will be down 1 year and competing against 4 other QBs, including Gentry. Gentry's worry should be about beating out Malzone, Speight, and Morris - O'Korn is the least of his problems.

O'Korn has two years, even after sitting out this year. He didn't take a redshirt.

O'Korn has two years, even after sitting out this year. He didn't take a redshirt.

Yep, and after next year two of his competitors will have 3, and another will have his senior season. And Michigan will be taking one other QB for next year's class (I understand Harbaugh wants two per class, and O'Korn is assumed to be one of the two spots for next year's entry).

It's either that Michigan wanted to wait to see who they were able to flip and do a numbers count before they took O'Korn or they wanted to get their current class of QB's signed before rocking the boat with another guy who will be competing with them in a year. Either way, him announcing today is no coincidence.