Class of 2018 - QB Justin Fields (GA) Transferring From Georgia to Ohio St | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 QB Justin Fields (GA) Transferring From Georgia to Ohio St

SEC Mike‏Verified account @MichaelWBratton 51m51 minutes ago

I’ve been hearing Justin Fields to Mississippi State for a little while. Talked about it on the podcast recently. Makes some sense, Fields was committed to Penn State when Joe Moorhead was OC.

Fromm only has one more year and will be a top 5 pick leaving early. Fields going to have to sit out anyways when he transfers, doesn’t make sense unless he drops down a level.
Maybe it’s not about the depth chart but other things. Like that situation with that baseball player. You never know.

On a side note - if you ever get a chance to go to Athens, GA, I highly reccomend it. Cool college town, great gameday atmosphere. Been to Tuscaloosa for a few Alabama games - Tuscaloosa is kind of a dump.

My cousins live on Lake Lanier between Cumming and Gainseville, GA. They went to UGA and they've been trying to get me to go to a game for years but hasn't worked out. I love Terrapin Brewery in Athens, I always bring a 12 of Hopsecutioner back home with me.

I don’t think he ever thought Fromm would be someone he couldn’t beat out.

Most people didn’t.
Instead of transferring he could RS and play in 4 games next year and Fromm would leave after that year.
He would have 3 years of eligibility left and wouldn’t have to move.
Fromn will leave early for the NFL draft.
i doubt Fields is getting a waiver.

My cousins live on Lake Lanier between Cumming and Gainseville, GA. They went to UGA and they've been trying to get me to go to a game for years but hasn't worked out. I love Terrapin Brewery in Athens, I always bring a 12 of Hopsecutioner back home with me.
I live in Cumming. You definitely need to know a grad to get tickets to a decent game (or pay mucho $$). They are hard to come by

I live in Cumming.

8C560655-C10C-4635-820F-4FA1FC50B369.jpeg

Florida State is the rumor which would suck for us.
Can’t this kid please stay out of the ACC.
At least stay out of our division. Can't Fields/UGA hook a buddy up... how about transferring to Richt & Miami. They can't be loving their QB situation lately.

I live in Cumming. You definitely need to know a grad to get tickets to a decent game (or pay mucho $$). They are hard to come by

Off Browns Bridge Road. One went to Athens, one to Tech and I think one to State. Spouses to Athens and Tech. I’d probably end up divorced if I went to a game in Athens ;-) Good times.

Kirby wanted to make a big splash on the recruiting trail early at UGA, which he did last year, but had to make a lot of promises to do it. That works until you have to do basic math and realize there are only 11 guys on the field at a time.

The Fields situation isn't new and Kirby's brilliant fix was to just randomly give Fields snaps here and there all year which ended up just alienating both Fields, Fromm and left other guys on the team scratching their heads. Also why you started to see other freshman get more snaps as the year went on as well which upperclassmen weren't thrilled about.

Lots of noise boiling underneath the surface behind the scenes in Athens with guys feeling like they were lied to and misled. My expectation is you'll see more guys to transfer out soon. They were winning so it kept things together most of the season but now the national championship hope for this year is dead.

Dang... North Metro stand up in this thread...

I'm in Buckhead but have fam that live in Alpharetta and Cumming (South Forsyth - Right off Exit 13).

My ex lives in Cumming but out in the middle of nowhere in one of the million new construction subdivisions surrounded by horse farms.

I'll say this - I never knew what Southeastern CFB was until I moved here. Any Chick Fil A on a Saturday morning is basically a UGA pep rally.

ASU will be going through this same thing with three top QB recruits that just committed at some point down the road.

At least only 1 of the Az St guys is an elite prospect. All 3 guys at GA were top 3 nationally.

Dang... North Metro stand up in this thread...

I'm in Buckhead but have fam that live in Alpharetta and Cumming (South Forsyth - Right off Exit 13).

My ex lives in Cumming but out in the middle of nowhere in one of the million new construction subdivisions surrounded by horse farms.

I'll say this - I never knew what Southeastern CFB was until I moved here. Any Chick Fil A on a Saturday morning is basically a UGA pep rally.
Alpharetta/Milton, Crabapple area.

Things are pointing to Ohio State or Oklahoma for Fields. He may try and go the hardship route to play next year, based on the incident with the baseball player in the stands. I think it’s ridiculous, but it very well may work.

Things are pointing to Ohio State or Oklahoma for Fields. He may try and go the hardship route to play next year, based on the incident with the baseball player in the stands. I think it’s ridiculous, but it very well may work.

I wonder if OSU will be a viable option. I've heard that their new coach wants more of a traditional passing attack, not the dual threat QBs that Urban Meyer preferred.

On a side note - if you ever get a chance to go to Athens, GA, I highly reccomend it. Cool college town, great gameday atmosphere. Been to Tuscaloosa for a few Alabama games - Tuscaloosa is kind of a dump.

I went to grad school at UGA when Donnan was coach. Needless to say, it was pretty easy getting tickets for games back then. That was painful football to watch.

Can’t say enough about Athens. IMO, it is the quintessential college town.

I wonder if OSU will be a viable option. I've heard that their new coach wants more of a traditional passing attack, not the dual threat QBs that Urban Meyer preferred.

Be a really weird situation for Tate Martell as he was a major recruit and will likely take over next year and have 3 years in the offense heading into 2020.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom