Class of 2018 - QB Justin Fields (GA) Transferring From Georgia to Ohio St | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 QB Justin Fields (GA) Transferring From Georgia to Ohio St

I wonder if OSU will be a viable option. I've heard that their new coach wants more of a traditional passing attack, not the dual threat QBs that Urban Meyer preferred.

Fields actually would prefer that. He’s said previously that he wants to be more of a pro style QB, and just utilize his legs when absolutely necessary.
However, the few times he did play this year it was obvious he’s got a ways to go until he’s more than a one read and run QB. The arm talent is definitely there. Kid has a cannon.

Be a really weird situation for Tate Martell as he was a major recruit and will likely take over next year and have 3 years in the offense heading into 2020.

From what I’ve seen of both, I think Fields is a more physically talented QB than Martell, and has about 3” and 25 pounds on him. Fields is a big physical kid that can move and throw it like few can. But as you said, Martell would have the edge as far as experience in the offense.

It might make the most sense for him to stay put behind Fromm for another year if he felt confident Jake was leaving after next season, and then have two seasons left to run the show. But I think too much has happened for him not to transfer out at this point.

What does that list tell you about ratings of HS QBs?

It's obviously an inexact science.

But I also think committing to a top tier program who has a star one year ahead of you, or in your same class is something no one thinks thru until it's too late. (Or maybe they just offered more money. I'm not saying, I'm just saying.)

It appears that players like DeVito played this perfectly.

It's obviously an inexact science.

But I also think committing to a top tier program who has a star one year ahead of you, or in your same class is something no one thinks thru until it's too late. (Or maybe they just offered more money. I'm not saying, I'm just saying.)

It appears that players like DeVito played this perfectly.

Agree completely with each point. Some of these kids need to step back and find the best situation. Not necessarily the same as the "best" program.

justin fields went to my high school, Harrison.

Only thing I'll add is i have no idea what he thought was going to happen when he went to UGA with Fromm ahead of him.

If he is eligible to play for OSU next year, the system is completely rigged. Like absolutely no question, rigged.

no way in hell he should be able to play next year. I doubt there is any family circumstance that would allow for a waiver, considering he is from Georgia and would be moving AWAY from his family. Nor is UGA on probation or anything. So, has to be a 2020 thing. guess he can play in their bowl game if he enrolls in January, so there's that.

Honestly if you watched Fromm play and you think you are talented I dont know why not just stay and take the job after you have a afull yr to learn the system. Fromm looks more like a a QB That has great talent around him than a great talent. he was awful most of the Texas game.

If he is eligible to play for OSU next year, the system is completely rigged. Like absolutely no question, rigged.

shea patterson got the waiver to play at michigan i think right? i never looked at the details but if he was eligible how was that possible ?

shea patterson got the waiver to play at michigan i think right? i never looked at the details but if he was eligible how was that possible ?

The Ole Miss NCAA trouble opened that door for Shea.

Rumors down this way say that Fields will claim he left UGA because of racism. He'll have a pretty good chance at getting it too after the school acknowledged that he was the subject of racial slurs from another UGA student-athlete. Can't imagine the NCAA will want to take the stance of "racism isn't a hardship" regardless of Fields true motivations.

Georgia dismisses baseball player who allegedly made racist comments toward Justin Fields

Honestly if you watched Fromm play and you think you are talented I dont know why not just stay and take the job after you have a afull yr to learn the system. Fromm looks more like a a QB That has great talent around him than a great talent. he was awful most of the Texas game.

Fromm is really good. He'll be in the NFL for a long time. Not saying he'll be a pro bowler or any sort of star but he'll be a backup quarterback that won't make you feel helpless if he's in the game. The Texas game isn't the game to use to judge any of the Georgia guys.

not sure I have seen a game yet where Fromm looked solid to me.. When the GA running game cant dominate he seems to have issues commanding the field.

The Ole Miss NCAA trouble opened that door for Shea.

Rumors down this way say that Fields will claim he left UGA because of racism. He'll have a pretty good chance at getting it too after the school acknowledged that he was the subject of racial slurs from another UGA student-athlete. Can't imagine the NCAA will want to take the stance of "racism isn't a hardship" regardless of Fields true motivations.

Georgia dismisses baseball player who allegedly made racist comments toward Justin Fields

The NCAA won't fight that but wow it'll set a bad precedent.

The NCAA won't fight that but wow it'll set a bad precedent.
Just need to get someone to say rude comments to player and he's home free. Maybe we should have someone do that to a potential OT or DT transfer.

Just need to get someone to say rude comments to player and he's home free. Maybe we should have someone do that to a potential OT or DT transfer.
I know you are kidding but ANY kind of racism is wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom