Class of 2018 - QB Justin Fields (GA) Transferring From Georgia to Ohio St | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 QB Justin Fields (GA) Transferring From Georgia to Ohio St

The Ole Miss NCAA trouble opened that door for Shea.

Rumors down this way say that Fields will claim he left UGA because of racism. He'll have a pretty good chance at getting it too after the school acknowledged that he was the subject of racial slurs from another UGA student-athlete. Can't imagine the NCAA will want to take the stance of "racism isn't a hardship" regardless of Fields true motivations.

Georgia dismisses baseball player who allegedly made racist comments toward Justin Fields
Wut? Hostile work environment? Is there more here than a single knucklehead, who has already been dealt with? Seems like a single instance that has been addressed. What am I missing?

Yuck. Tate Martell is not happy. Hopefully there is a huge QB controversy that let destroys the team. Also, I have no doubt he will be eligible right away. Never fails for the blue bloods, yet I don’t remember when we have ever got lucky and had a transfer gain eligibility even when there were good reasons. The system is a huge joke.

Yuck. Tate Martell is not happy. Hopefully there is a huge QB controversy that let destroys the team. Also, I have no doubt he will be eligible right away. Never fails for the blue bloods, yet I don’t remember when we have ever got lucky and had a transfer gain eligibility even when there were good reasons. The system is a huge joke.

We have a similar situation on the hoops side to what you're describing. SU has a recruit [Quincy Guerrier] who planned on being a January enrollee, but despite being qualified is having the process held up by the NCAA due to many of his coursework being in French.

Meanwhile, at Duke -- the NCAA couldn't bend over backwards swiftly enough to approve Marvin Bagley when he reclassified to play a year early.

Huge double standard.

It’s a real messy situation on the waiver. He may claim hardship because of the racial incident to be eligible immediately, but the kicker is that his sister has enrolled early to play softball at UGA this Spring. Are you going to put your daughter in a situation where you feel there’s a threat to your son? But as someone mentioned already, I can’t see the NCAA wanting any part of this, so they may just grant the waiver to move on.

The Ole Miss NCAA trouble opened that door for Shea.

Rumors down this way say that Fields will claim he left UGA because of racism. He'll have a pretty good chance at getting it too after the school acknowledged that he was the subject of racial slurs from another UGA student-athlete. Can't imagine the NCAA will want to take the stance of "racism isn't a hardship" regardless of Fields true motivations.

Georgia dismisses baseball player who allegedly made racist comments toward Justin Fields
It was such a difficult hardship, he stayed right through the bowl game. A full 3 months after it occurred.

Wut? Hostile work environment? Is there more here than a single knucklehead, who has already been dealt with? Seems like a single instance that has been addressed. What am I missing?

No idea but the university already publicly acknowledged that another student athlete yelled racial slurs at him on one occassion so it's tough for anyone to argue his claim even if he doesn't provide additional specific examples.

It was the one incident. Idiot baseball player in the stands of a game yelling. Fields didn’t hear it, but other students did, and the kid was rightfully kicked out of school. Bad situation for sure, but disingenuous to use it for the waiver to play immediately. Especially when his sister just enrolled at UGA to play softball.

How great must it be to have 5 stars upon 5 stars. ;)
They have stars upon thars. And I have a feeling we are about to go through the star-on machine.
starsuponthars3.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom