Class of 2021 - QB Justin Lamson (CA) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/16/20) | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 QB Justin Lamson (CA) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/16/20)

I'm his biggest critic but I hope he does too. I like the guy. I want him to succeed. I am dubious of it, but I truly hope I am wrong.

I hope one of these 3 QBs is able to run a fast exciting Syracuse offense that is unpredictable and uses the entire field. That is what we need.

That's the key for me: use all your weapons and the whole field. The defense can't cover everything and it's a big advantage when they don't know what's coming. it's like facing a pitcher with a fastball, a curve, a slider and a changeup. Alternating shots down the sideline with runs up the middle seems as limited as P-D running the near side option over and over to set up the tight end throw back once in a while.

That's the key for me: use all your weapons and the whole field. The defense can't cover everything and it's a big advantage when they don't know what's coming. it's like facing a pitcher with a fastball, a curve, a slider and a changeup. Alternating shots down the sideline with runs up the middle seems as limited as P-D running the near side option over and over to set up the tight end throw back once in a while.
Exactly.

Screens, slants and crosses, and deep shots that arent exclusive to the sideline. Throw ~6-8 passes a game to the TE. Throw another 12-15 to the WR. Then another 8-10 to your RB. All over the field.
Thats all i ask.

Exactly.

Screens, slants and crosses, and deep shots that arent exclusive to the sideline. Throw ~6-8 passes a game to the TE. Throw another 12-15 to the WR. Then another 8-10 to your RB. All over the field.
Thats all i ask.

Many of Josh Hough's exciting runs seem to have been on sweeps. When is the last time we ran a successful sweep? We can't seem to get them blocked and the running back has to fight his way past defenders to even get to the corner.

Last edited:
Many of Josh Hough's exciting runs seem to have been on sweeps. When is the last time we ran a successful sweep? We can't seem to get them blocked and the running back has to fight his way past defenders to even get to the corner.

good point. IF we had outside blocking, Mr. 4.3 Jordan would have been the man for the sweep.

Don’t they give him a SUpercard? What’s that kid need all those pots and pans for?

Looks like the BJs parking lot off of Bridge street.

Those are Wal-mart karts.

Romano Toyota is on the left, and you can see Liland Radiator on the right.

I think Walmart but in the same complex.
Yeah, there is a Walmart sign on the cart corral.
That’s disappointing. Figured he would be a Target shopper.

Yeah, there is a Walmart sign on the cart corral.
That’s disappointing. Figured he would be a Target shopper.
It looks like we are talking about his parents, but in any event, Target is a lot further away from the campus. Looks like Justin got a nice setup. I bet he is glad to get a chance to play football again and start college early.

The fall semester must have been tough for him (and all the other incoming frosh).