Class of 2021 - QB Justin Lamson (CA) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/16/20) | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 QB Justin Lamson (CA) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/16/20)

That's great news. Now we need a couple of upperclassman transfers on the OLINE.

Crazy that neither he nor Shrader have taken an in-game snap since November 2019.

So, maybe folks will slow their rolls regarding either of these guys beating out the returning starter with several years in the program?

NAH!! Where’s the fun in that?
Gentlemen - start your rolls!
(and Ladies!)

How much contact can the coaches have with these kids prior to spring ball?
Can they do an extensive orientation to SU football?
Can they do film sessions, or is that considered practice time?

Justin to Dino:

1608692103184.gif

I’m glad he is enrolling early...however...I feel for him in that he can’t play his senior season in high school. That’s something you look forward to while you’re growing up.
Agree somewhat, but even if they play (HS FB in CA Spring '21) it'll be a compromised and shortened season...with little or no fans. No post game celebrations, no parties...

Last edited:
So, maybe folks will slow their rolls regarding either of these guys beating out the returning starter with several years in the program?

NAH!! Where’s the fun in that?
Gentlemen - start your rolls!
(and Ladies!)
Your 2nd paragraph, I dig it.

Agree somewhat, but even if they play (HS FB in CA Spring '21) it'll be a compromised and shortened season...with little or no fans. No post game celebrations, no parties...

Yup, it really blows for all of the seniors. Your senior season in high school is special. I feel for every single one of these kids who are not going to get to experience it.

Don’t get me wrong, I totally get why he did it and I’m happy to have him enroll early. Just a reminder of how crummy this year is.

there’s something I really like about Dino, when he sees weakness he tries to fix it immediately. Look what we did in this class, loaded up on 2 HIGH QUALITY new QBs. We loaded up on both lines too. I really hope Dino turns it around this season as I really think he is the coach for this school.

there’s something I really like about Dino, when he sees weakness he tries to fix it immediately. Look what we did in this class, loaded up on 2 HIGH QUALITY new QBs. We loaded up on both lines too. I really hope Dino turns it around this season as I really think he is the coach for this school.

I'm his biggest critic but I hope he does too. I like the guy. I want him to succeed. I am dubious of it, but I truly hope I am wrong.

I hope one of these 3 QBs is able to run a fast exciting Syracuse offense that is unpredictable and uses the entire field. That is what we need.

It’s funny how quickly people forget that Culpepper may well be back. But while he wouldn’t be expected to start, he would be another QB with starting experience and probably a positive influence in leadership.
I do not see Rex being in the four deep with the new additions. If he wants to stay and be a leader in the locker room great. However I could see him transfer to a small school where he has a chance to start an entire season.

I do not see Rex being in the four deep with the new additions. If he wants to stay and be a leader in the locker room great. However I could see him transfer to a small school where he has a chance to start an entire season.
You may be right. I don’t know. But I would never fault a kid for staying.

You may be right. I don’t know. But I would never fault a kid for staying.
Not faulting him. Just thought he may want an option to be a consistent starter for his last year.