Class of 2021 - QB Kyle McCord (NJ) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/17/23) | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 QB Kyle McCord (NJ) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/17/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my buddy grew up in Nebraska, and his high school friend works at a Budget Rent a Car in Lincoln. Now, he says he saw Kyle McCord running away from a mob of angry Cornhuskers fans and yelling something about bumblebleep corn fields and getting back to the Northeast.

He also says the when McCord got into the rental car he asked for directions to the New York State Thruway.

Now, all that said, he also said he was looking forward to playing for Dan Mullen. So who knows?

I have no idea if/when this rocket ship will come down, but I’m telling you I’m riding it until it ends. Maybe we get McCord, maybe not. Maybe we end up with like a top 25 recruiting class, maybe not. Maybe HCFB and co win ten games next year, maybe not.

But since his arrival, it’s basically been when Marty McFly returns to present day in BTTF, everything has flipped for the better (stylish parents, Biff buffing the cars, etc). That’s what it’s like. I never thought life for Cuse football could get here nowadays (heart said yes, head said no).

I said it before, HCFB ain’t standing up to the schoolyard bully, he’s picking the fight.

Give me all the flight tracking, Sam Elliott gifs, and guys being amateur spies all across 690 and I-81.

After 25 years of what we’ve been through, save a few moments, we all deserve this.

Red said in Shawshank Redemption, “hope is a dangerous thing”. But guess what? Red ended up on a beach in Zihuatanejo with his best friend.

Kyle McCord, make the right choice.

This isn’t real until Toga is naked on the Schenectady overpass with a sign. And I was just out that way and didn’t see him. But there’s a truck stop close to the exit and he might have been taking a break.
It was one of those truck stops with showers, hookers and firecrackers. Not necessarily in that order.

If we land McCord and get a decent Oline, I can’t see how we wouldn’t become one of the top teams in the ACC.. especially with UNC’s Drake Maye declaring for the draft.

With this schedule it’s possible we could be playing FSU for the ACC championship. Imagine that?

If we land McCord and get a decent Oline, I can’t see how we wouldn’t become one of the top teams in the ACC.. especially with UNC’s Drake Maye declaring for the draft.

With this schedule it’s possible we could be playing FSU for the ACC championship. Imagine that?
David, how can you possibly make a statement such as that? All of this is tremendously exciting but we haven't seen the new regime and team play a single snap

David, how can you possibly make a statement such as that? All of this is tremendously exciting but we haven't seen the new regime and team play a single snap
sad lucifer morningstar GIF by Lucifer

Kids…..I’m telling you. Syracuse is cool again. It’s the late 80s and 90s all over again. Basketball recruits come to a packed dome for football. Football croots visit for a rocking basketball game. They feed off one another. You can feel it building. Fresh looking dome. New athletic center. This is the place to be.

David - I’m disappointed in you. TOP TEAM IN THE ACC!!! You mean a top 5 team in the country!!!!!

Red said in Shawshank Redemption, “hope is a dangerous thing”. But guess what? Red ended up on a beach in Zihuatanejo with his best friend.

Kyle McCord, make the right choice.
& at that moment, a nickname was born. Kyle “Dufresne” McCord, arrives on The Hill to remind us all that hope doesn’t have to be dangerous, it can sometimes manifest into beautiful, incredible things.

Last edited:

Did you forget FSU is joining the Big 10 tomorrow

And true story. Decided to stop drinking yesterday (not completely stop, can’t do it) but during the week. Maybe. My bike seat thinks I’m getting too fat. This McCord thread is making it very difficult to not drink right now. I could go blow some coke and not gain weight I guess.

Kids…..I’m telling you. Syracuse is cool again. It’s the late 80s and 90s all over again. Basketball recruits come to a packed dome for football. Football croots visit for a rocking basketball game. They feed off one another. You can feel it building. Fresh looking dome. New athletic center. This is the place to be.
Yup. It’s palpable. Men’s Lax will return to its place amongst the elite this year as it joins the women in pursuit of F4s & titles, women’s hoops is trending upward, MSoccer...

This premise doesn’t really fly when they were 11-1 and put up points against Michigan. Maybe if they got blown a couple games but won the rest. It’s ridiculous to assume they did this in spite of McCord
I watch a fair amount of of OSU games with friends that are all Buckeye fans. The expectations at OSU are so high. They lost the Michigan game in large part because Michigan made zero mistakes. McCord played pretty well against a very good defense but did make a couple mistakes that sealed the loss for them.

After the game I was even saying the difference was that McCord made a couple mistakes and Michigan made absolutely none. I said he’s really good but not Dwayne Haskins, then Justin Fields X 2 years and then cj stroud for 2 years good. In reality that may not be the case as every QB makes a few mistakes. And this was McCords first year starting and he has another year to improve and to cement his college legacy. Those big mistakes just happened to show bright in the mother of all games for them. The OSU fans expect to win every year, especially the Michigan game. OSU Fans talk about Ryan Day not being the right coach as he can’t beat Michigan. Nothing matters more to them than that game. Day is feeling the heat and fans are also blaming McCord a bit as they have to find places to place the blame. So Day in his position wouldn’t say McCord is the automatic starter in 2024. I’m sure they will bring in a very good QB but It may still be a big mistake for them.

All good in my book as he is hopefully now all ours. Go Cuse!

Last edited:
I watch a fair amount of of OSU games with friends that are all Buckeye fans. The expectations at OSU are so high. They lost the Michigan game in large part because Michigan made zero mistakes. McCord played pretty well against a very good defense but did make a couple mistakes that sealed the loss for them.

After the game I was even saying the difference was that McCord made a couple mistakes and Michigan made absolutely none. I said he’s really good but not Dwayne Haskins, then Justin Fields X 2 years and then cj stroud for 2 years good. In reality that may not be the case as every QB makes a few mistakes. And this was McCords first year starting and he has another year to improve and to cement his college legacy. Those big mistakes just happened to show bright in the mother of all games for them. The OSU fans expect to win every year, especially the Michigan game. OSU Fans talk about Ryan Day not being the right coach as he can’t beat Michigan. Itching matters more to them than that. Day is feeling the heat and fans are also blaming McCord a bit as they have to find places to place the blame. So Day in his position wouldn’t say McCord is the automatic starter in 2024. I’m sure they will bring in a very good QB but It may still be a big mistake for them.

I need to go back and watch that game on my DVR now.

After the game I was even saying the difference was that McCord made a couple mistakes and Michigan made absolutely none. I said he’s really good but not Dwayne Haskins, then Justin Fields X 2 years and then cj stroud for 2 years good. In reality that may not be the case as every QB makes a few mistakes. And this was McCords first year starting and he has another year to improve and to cement his college legacy. Those big mistakes just happened to show bright in the mother of all games for them. The OSU fans expect to win every year, especially the Michigan game. OSU Fans talk about Ryan Day not being the right coach as he can’t beat Michigan. Itching matters more to them than that. Day is feeling the heat and fans are also blaming McCord a bit as they have to find places to place the blame. So Day in his position wouldn’t say McCord is the automatic starter in 2024. I’m sure they will bring in a very good QB but It may still be a big mistake for them.

The biggest mistake was them having McCord playing in 5 games his FR year burning his shirt. Not sure what the circumstances were there but appears pretty boneheaded on the surface.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom