Class of 2021 - QB Kyle McCord (NJ) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/17/23) | Page 51 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 QB Kyle McCord (NJ) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/17/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any of our plane trackers know what day McCord comes in? I noticed some guys were in the Dome tonight (Hornsby's IG) but wasn't sure when Kyle was coming in? I know Diggs comes in tomorrow.

Before I moved to Montclair w/ my ex, I thought Jersey was all smokestacks, rusty oil rigs, and stinky bodies of marsh water.
Au contraire, New Jersey is fricken beautiful. Wouldn't hesitate to move back there.
Lived in Jersey as a young kid, but its all too peopley down there. People people people. Moved to where it wasn't as peopley. Now people have come and peopled up the place, and its too peopley, here, too... lol

Oklahoma has an anointed starter in Jackson Arnold, a five star who has been waiting in the wings and may well have scared off Dillon Gabriel. Arnold has already played effectively as a backup and will start in the Sooner's bowl game. No way McCord would be a guaranteed starter down there.
Bingo! Arnold is the reason that Gabriel left.

This is the calm before the storm, this weekend will be nuts.
1702692199282.gif

Lived in Jersey as a young kid, but its all too peopley down there. People people people. Moved to where it wasn't as peopley. Now people have come and peopled up the place, and its too peopley, here, too... lol
Jean Shepherd used to talk about NJ, especially route 22, on WOR (radio). He used to say if someone sees a line in NJ, they just get in the line because it must mean there is something good.

What worries me about him is the baggage with his Dad... rumors that OSU staff had had enough and why they essentially told him he was out as starter/pushed him to portal, there was supposedly disqueiet in the lockeroom with him, and even that the Nebraska transfer move broke down because of his old man...

Let me be clear... I have no idea if ANY of that is true... just read bits and pieces from various sources that claim it is... Seen enough chirping on it to have concern is all... Hopefully just interwebs BS...

Here's hoping that if Fran sees any such red flags, we say thanks, but no thx. We don't need any of that, especially for a 1-year transfer that would likely cost us $1mil+ in NIL.

Trust in Fran.

The thing here is that Fran knows the dad (Derek) well. Remember the McCords live(d) in South Jersey so Fran and Derek have many mutual friends. Fran’s oldest son played some youth sports with McCord kids and shared some of same trainers etc. This is what got us a chance here so not overly worried about dad.

The thing here is that Fran knows the dad (Derek) well. Remember the McCords live(d) in South Jersey so Fran and Derek have many mutual friends. Fran’s oldest son played some youth sports with McCord kids and shared some of same trainers etc. This is what got us a chance here so not overly worried about dad.

That's what I was hoping, actually. Thanks for clarifying.

Why not 6 figures could be $100,000 multiple that by 12 for a full year and your looking at 1.2 Million for a QB which is about ball park
With all the talk about Fran Brown and all his connections - if he has not become really good friends with a 5 Star QB, (McCord) to build his team around it is a big problem. You build your team around the QB.

If he ends up with all the parts and pieces put together with no big deal QB then this won't work until he does get one so get out the money if that's what they want and put it on the table!

What you just said captures why I think this is another reason this will happen

I am sure you are right. I am jaded by my time living in Jersey City. It was a rough time, but it was a close commute to Manhattan where I worked. Hoboken was always a good time. I never ventured too far west or to any of the Townships. So maybe I have a skewed look at NJ. Apologies to anyone from Jersey who I offended. Long live Bruce.
Yes, Blood Orange, I am from NJ born and raised. Haven't been back after Cuse.

Grew up in the Northwest part of NJ on Lake Hopatcong,14 miles long, 43 miles of shoreline and 60 feet deep, Beautiful.

Spent lots of time fishing for trout. Competitive slalom water skiing. The Lake Hopatcong Yacht Club. Had a part ownership in a Melges e-scow - sailing every Sunday.

Went to two prep boarding schools: Blair Academy, (hated it wanted to go to high school to be with my friends). Then went and finished at The Morristown School, now Morristown Beard School, not far from Monclair. Wonderful, changed my outlook on school became one of seven prefects who ran the school. Was an All- State QB, NJ State 100 dash Champion (9.7) and All - State pitcher.

Walked on at SU could throw as well as their first string QB. Gave me a sholie but the guidance counselor couldn't figure out how to schedule my Art/Industrial Design classes so I could play. Floyd and I were the fastest on the team. Had to quit and went to summer school.

Thought it would be terrible, but the ratio of men to women was 10 - 1, ten females to 1 man. I really had a good summer school - both grade and women wise, who all seemed to want someone to be very close to. mmmmm

Four women, art classes nice.

Jersey is beautiful and has become the bedroom community of NYC along with CT.

Anyone who thinks NJ stinks, smells like a sewer and is rust is full of !

Again we have $$, were not a bottom P5 Tema when it comes to NIL Finances. However, guys like the 5 star Bolden and a few others who have expressed interest require us to be able to access anothet level funds we currently don't have. My overall point is we need to continue to support NIL be it the high end guys or Joe blow donating 25 bucks a month.
Joe blow reporting for duty

Yes, Blood Orange, I am from NJ born and raised. Haven't been back after Cuse.

Grew up in the Northwest part of NJ on Lake Hopatcong,14 miles long, 43 miles of shoreline and 60 feet deep, Beautiful.

Spent lots of time fishing for trout. Competitive slalom water skiing. The Lake Hopatcong Yacht Club. Had a part ownership in a Melges e-scow - sailing every Sunday.

Went to two prep boarding schools: Blair Academy, (hated it wanted to go to high school to be with my friends). Then went and finished at The Morristown School, now Morristown Beard School, not far from Monclair. Wonderful, changed my outlook on school became one of seven prefects who ran the school. Was an All- State QB, NJ State 100 dash Champion (9.7) and All - State pitcher.

Walked on at SU could throw as well as their first string QB. Gave me a sholie but the guidance counselor couldn't figure out how to schedule my Art/Industrial Design classes so I could play. Floyd and I were the fastest on the team. Had to quit and went to summer school.

Thought it would be terrible, but the ratio of men to women was 10 - 1, ten females to 1 man. I really had a good summer school - both grade and women wise, who all seemed to want someone to be very close to. mmmmm

Four women, art classes nice.

Jersey is beautiful and has become the bedroom community of NYC along with CT.

Anyone who thinks NJ stinks, smells like a sewer and is rust is full of !
Here here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors